Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Alessandro “stupor mundi” (wonder of the world) of tour guides

I found Alessandro online and he gave us possibly the best tour we have ever done anywhere. He... read more

Reviewed 13 October 2018
Arncliffegirl
Sydney
via mobile
Highlight of holiday

My sister and I had the privilege of spending the day in the company of Alessandro for a tailor... read more

Reviewed 31 August 2018
carriemarie
Manchester, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews martina franca olive oil his knowledge panini our tour guide thank you so much last stop local food wonderful lunch excellent guide a lot of fun three days his passion wine tasting always on time walking tour towns
Reviewed 23 March 2018

My wife and I had the chance to spend in June 2017 a very nice excursion day with Alessandro Perone, visiting Matera (also known as the “Subterranean City”) and Alberobello (known for its unique white trullo buildings). He picked us up at the hotel in Brindisi and drove us in a very safe way to the excursion points, upfront discussed and aligned via e-mail. He speaks a very good English, but we preferred to listen and to talk to him in Italian. Alessandro knows really a lot in terms of history and culture as well as the places to be for a gorgeous picture and to get the full overview of the dimensions of the visited place like in Matera. We really enjoyed being on the road with him and to discover all this beauty which you can find in this wonderful region of Italy. At the end of our trip, he guided us back to our hotel and surprised us with a bottle of wonderful Apulian wine as a gift. Highly recommended

Date of experience: June 2017
PugliaExperience, Proprietario at Puglia Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thanks a lot for you feedback and rating. I'm glad you enjoied the visit of Matera and Alberobello: they are really 2 astonishing Unesco World Heritage sites. It's been a pleasure to spend a day with you. I hope to meet you in the next future: there are still lots of stunning places to visit in this region.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

If Puglia is in your travel plans, your best bet is to contact Alessandro from Puglia Experience!

Pre-travel: Alessandro quickly responded to email, from initial request for info to all follow-up messages. Knowing you can count on your guide earned high marks for me. He sent me different itineraries, adding that I could tailor them to my time and interests.
Together we worked out the most efficient use of our time.

Day of travel: Alessandro had looked up the Trenitalia timetables for me and suggested an early train from Lecce to Ostuni. He was waiting on the platform when my train pulled in, and two minutes later we were off! A quick stop for coffee followed by nine hours of lively conversation covering everything from the Saracen pirate invasions to the Pope's stand on social issues. We visited Ostuni and Alberobello before taking a long leisurely lunch break in Noci where we stopped at Il Panino di Marino. Two unforgettable hours later, we headed to Matera where I was staying overnight. Our visit there started with the view of the sassi from across the ravine, then moved on to the restored area of the town and included a stop in a former cave that had been inhabited up until the 1950s!

I'm not the type to gush and tend to consider myself a critical thinker, but I literally can't find a single detail to improve! Complimenti, Alessandro - una giornata assolutamente perfetta. Ti ringrazio e un abbraccio!

Date of experience: February 2018
PugliaExperience, Proprietario at Puglia Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thanks a lot for your review, it's so kind of you. I'm glad you appreciated my way of working and to tailor the itinerary dependig on your time and interests. Mario is really a unique food experience as well as the Unesco sites of Alberobello and Matera. It's been a pleasure to spend a day with you and I hope to meet you again in the next future.
Un grande abbraccio. Stammi bene.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

In May of 2017 a friend and i travelled to Puglia, Italy. We were very pleased with our tour guide Alessandro who provided insightful tours of Brindisi, Ostuni, Otranto and Lecce. Alessandro was extremely knowledgeable and the tour was enriched by his knowledge of the history of the churches, amphitheatres and areas we toured. He was a wonderful companion, very thoughtful and went out of his way to ensure we had an enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend Alessandro as a guide to anyone visiting the region

Date of experience: April 2017
PugliaExperience, Proprietario at Puglia Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Thanks a lor for you feedback and rating. Mee too, I found such a nice, interesting travelers: it's been a pleasure to share with you this area of Puglia. I hope to meet you again in the next future. Have a nice day

Reviewed 13 December 2017

We had never been in Puglia and on our first visit there we had a brilliant guide, Alessandro Perrone, who, in three days showed us much of the beauty of Bari and some of its surrounding cities. We visited Matera, Martina Franca, Noci, Alberobello and Locorotondo. Besides explaining so well the history and customs of each place we went, Alessandro, who is also a fine wine and olive sommelier, had us taste wine, cheese, mozzarella and olives where we could appreciate variances of each. At Noci he took us to fall for Marino’s panini at the best paninoteca in Italy. And much more! Worth every second.

Date of experience: December 2017
PugliaExperience, Proprietario at Puglia Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

it's been a pleasure to spend those days with you and your wife: you're such a nice persons. I'm glad you enjoied this area and my services. Malta is close thus I hope to see you again in the next future to explore the other are we didn't visited: Salento (the peninsular part of the region), Trani, Castel del Monte, Gargano, etc.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Alessandro was an excellent tour guide! We were a group of 10 with two children under 3 years old. Alessandro was very knowledgeable and accommodating to our needs of the kids. He was very patient and answered all our questions. Additionally he gave us tips and suggestions for the towns we were going to visit the next day. Highly recommend Alessandro Perrone.

Date of experience: October 2017
PugliaExperience, Proprietario at Puglia Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

thanks for your feedback. I'm just coming back from a short break in Europe with my children (a bit older: 3 and 5 years old) thus I'm used to that. I'm glad you enjoied the tours and my services. A big hug from sunny Puglia to your wonderful family.