My boyfriend and I have spent 5 nights in this hotel.
I was looking forward to this trip in Verona (We celebrated this new year night there).
When we arrived the all was so nice! Nice smell... Smiling owner...
But then my opinion about the hotel and the owner was changed.
1. Our room was cleaned only just one time during 5 nights!
2. We didn't have hot water during 2 evenings and nights and 1 morning. Was it adequate? No! I didn't have a shower because water was so cold!
3. Wi-fi... We had to "enjoy" the speed about 40-50 kbit/sec or less... I couldn't even read received letters in my mailbox. And this wi-fi didn't work the whole evening one time.
4. The owner was absent in the hotel the all time. We couldn't ask him to decide the all problems because we couldn't (look at point 3 about wi-fi and there is no telephone in the room).
5. Uncomfortable mattress, small thin pillows, creaky bed.
6. There is no cafeteria. The breakfast consists of some cookies, coffee, milk, two little cans of juice. It costs 9 euro. And you have to eat it in your room. There is no kitchen.
7. There is no good cafe or restaurants near the hotel.
8. I would close my eyes for this problems... But the owner Gabriel... After our departure he wrote the letter to my mail that he was sorry about water, Internet, etc and he wanted to back some money to me. Ok. I wrote him my bank account details and he had gone. After some time he wrote me that he received a bad review of anonym and he thought that I had written it (but this wasn't I). That's why he wouldn't apologize and wouldn't give my money for the all problems. Was it ok? No! It's terrible to behave himself! He blamed me!!! I was a guest who paid him for 5 nights 475 euro (plus 25 euro city tax) and I mustn't have heard accusing to me if he hadn't to back money.
Ok. Verona is amazing city! There are a lot of amazing places! You should visit this city but not to stay in this hotel because his owner is too unkind and not hardworking. This hotel doesn't cost such money.
P.s. There lived some insect in the bathroom near the ceiling... I don't know what's it's name but it looks brrrr...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your B&B Il Geco In Arena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.