“Definitely the best ice cream ever!”

Gelateria Zeno Gelato e Cioccolato
Ranked #4 of 75 Dessert in Verona
Reviewed 16 August 2015

Discovered Gelateria Zeno by chance after visiting the church. We have never tasted such fresh, concentrated fruit flavours. You can just tell walking into the shop that this is going to be special. All is organic (and tubs are biodegradable), and the ice cream is not on display like most gelaterias - it is carefully stored under large steel canisters, and was absolutely the right degree of frozen, but soft and light. On a stifling hot day the grapefruit and ginger and the peach flavours were just so fresh - you could just taste fruit at the optimum condition. Sadly this experience was so good it's spoilt us for

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank Lizziewarr2014

Reviewed 4 August 2015

I have traveled a lot throughout Italy and everywhere I go I same delicious gelato. Prior to visiting Zeno my favorite for years was Gelateria del Teatro in Rome.

But now I need to reconsider. Teatro has more variety of flavors. Zeno has more intense fruit flavors. Which is better? I do not know, but both are fantastic.

For Zeno the strongest are fruit flavors, some very interesting Vegan gelato as well. Pistachio remains my favorite. We came here twice and loved it.

Date of visit: July 2015
1  Thank SuTengKai
Reviewed 18 September 2014

So this is the italian ice cream that people talk about. Delicious! I had a flavour with chocolate and nuts that was amazing. Strongly recommend it!

Date of visit: September 2014
1  Thank Freshestest
Reviewed 16 September 2014

We were only in Verona for 2 nights and wanted to try this place as it was close to our hotel. On the second night we tried white chocolate and pistachio, very nice. Looked very popular with the locals.

Date of visit: September 2014
2  Thank Rach91275
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Over the past three summers I have tried this gelateria several times hoping that it would live up to all the hype. Sadly again this summer it failed to please, me. This gelateria has some what of a loyal following, and the setting just outside the doors on San Zeno Church is quite lovely but over all I have found the gelato to be flavorless and lacking in creaminess. Almost watery. On to the next.

Date of visit: August 2014