All reviews city centre stayed nights room was spacious reception staff excellent hotel good size taxi arena opera maps di
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Location super, easy bus ride right outside hotel into the centre. Clean, comrtable rooms and excellent breakfasts until 11am. Time for a lie in after visiting the Arena concert. The staff are so courteous, friendly and extremely helpful - they couldn't do more for you. Speak to Natalia & Valerie , the reception staff, they just 'make ' the visit such fun and are so informative with maps and suggestions as to where to go.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
corteongaro, Direttore vendite at Hotel Corte Ongaro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Helen M,

Thank you for your marvellous review!

It was a great pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future!

Nathalie

Reviewed 28 May 2017

The services are very good, the rooms are quite big and the breakfast was excellent. It was located in a peaceful area, 15-20 minutes of foot-walking far from the city centre.
If you are looking for a good-prised hotel, as well, then we recommend you Hotel Corte Ongaro.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Costel_Ghe
Reviewed 20 December 2016

Verona is amazing small city. So convenient to take express train from Venezia to Verona. Also the hotel is very close to the Verona central station. Around the hotel there are some wonderful restaurants and the facilities of hotel is wonderful and the staffs are very friendly and good at English.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
corteongaro, Direttore vendite at Hotel Corte Ongaro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Dear Peter,

I am delighted to hear that you so much enjoyed Verona and your stay with us!

We do hope to welcome you back and wish you a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2017!

Nathalie

Reviewed 6 November 2016

I've said it before and I'll say it again, who gives out these stars? In this case they must have been punch drunk and seeing stars, more like. This is a poorly built, badly run, hotel in the middle of nowhere. The rooms are small, shabby, depressing and constructed from cheap materials that are unable to take even regular use. My room had a leaking cistern that I spotted the minute I entered. Without unpacking I immediately went down to reception and reported this and asked about changing to another room. They said no, that a 'technician' would be sent to fix it. So, I waited in my room for an hour and eventually rang down to reception to enquire when the 'technician' might be along. 'Oh' they said 'he won't come until you leave for the evening, so as not to disturb you.' Fair enough but they could have told me this so I could get on with showing etc. But it turned out not to be true. I arrived home to find the leaking toilet still running, which made my sleep difficult. Next morning I reported the leak again and, yes, it would be looked into. All lies. I spent the next three nights in my noisy room with nothing done. A colleague in another room had a leaking tap. My guess is they get these complaints all the time and have a policy not to bother. And don't tell me this is the Italian way, because I don't believe it. There is no excuse for treating guests in such a dishonest and dismissive way.

Room Tip: Look at the room first before agreeing to take it.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Sandy3939
corteongaro, Direttore vendite at Hotel Corte Ongaro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Dear Sandy3939,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback which certainly helps us to monitor and improve our services.

I regret that we did not perform to our standards over your stay, and please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience that occurred. I will make sure to discuss your comment with all team to ensure that this situation does not happen again.

With regards to the Hotel position, I just wanted to point out that Corte Ongaro is in a prime location for visiting the Exhibition Centre (500 meters) and 5 minutes driving from the city centre.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your experience with us, therefore please feel free to contact me via email at: sales@corteongaro.it.

Once again, my sincere apologies for your disappointment and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Nathalie/ Sales&Marketing

Reviewed 3 November 2016

The hotel is about 4 kilometers south from Verona historical center in a peacful surrounding close to the Verona Exhibition (fair/fierra) center. If you arrive by car you can leave the car in the hotel garage free of charge. Because of dense traffic and to avoid parking costs while visting the old town its advisable to call a Taxi (less than 10€ one way) for the way to the old town instead of using your own car.

The lady on the reception spoke perfect English and gave us useful information.

Rooms are modern and nice (mixture of designer and IKEA style), with free flat TV, minibar, AC,... The bathroom is spacious, well equiped and super clean.

On the top level there is a garden terace with a small jacuzzi. During our stay we had lovely weather (sun and 20 degrees) so we really enjoyed the small pool (the water was clean and warm).

The breakfast was perfect (in this price and hotel category) and included in the price. Especially if you are aware of the Italian (e.g. in comparison to German) standards regarding breakfast. They offered fruits, cereals, breads, rolls,milk, yoghurts, cheese, ham, salami,... sweets, tea, coffe, juice,...eggs/just boiled).

The litlle hotel bar is open till 11 pm, but you should also give a try to the nearby pizzeria (20 m from the hotel), with reasonable prices for good quality food and drinks.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Akbiyik,

Thank you for your detailed and valuable comments about your experience at The Corte Ongaro.

I am very pleased that you so much enjoyed your stay and in particular our lovely roof garden with Jacuzzi!

We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future and we thank you once more for your delightful words.

Nathalie/Sales&Marketing