All reviews perfect location piazza bra wine bar quaint hotel rooms are small loved this hotel three star few steps would highly recommend this hotel short stay verona arena wonderful city italian hotels exploring verona ham mini bar would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 10 May 2017

What a fantastic location for this Boutique style hotel. Rooms were modern and very comfortable. In fact the bed was probably the "Best Hotel Bed" ever. TIP-Take off the rubber mattress protector for a cooler sleep.Staff were excellent and provided lots of information with maps and directions. Just 50m from the Arena square, with lovely
open air restaurants, market stalls and ideal for sitting and watching the world go by .Definitley our favorite place to visit during our Italian tour.

Room Tip: I am sure all rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sasquach2011
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We were quickly checked in and provided with tourist information on the beautiful city of Verona.

Our room (on 2nd Floor) was not very big but extremely cute; we both loved the decor. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was well laid out. The shower was quite small though (proportional to size of room, I guess). The WiFi worked well; the TV was OK but did not display channels in the order described in the guide.

The room got a bit warm and the AC was not terribly effective so it was nice to be able to safely open the windows.

The breakfast buffet was OK (loads of cakes and other sweets if that is your thing!). Service was a bit cold and I found it surprising that they could not produce a boiled egg (just scrambled on the buffet).

When it comes to location, Hotel Bologna is a star. Step out of the hotel, go right and in 30 seconds you are in front of the Arena and the major shopping street. All major sights are within 15 minutes walk; amazing!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2017

BEWARE! Hotel was hot and noisy but THE STAFF IS THE RUDEST we have ever encountered in Europe during our travels in the past 6 years.

Hotels in Verona do not turn on their AC during the month of March even if the days are very hot. The room was small and crowded and had a separate sitting area with a window in that sitting area not the bedroom. We had to leave the window open, which meant extreme noise from the bars downstairs and morning delivery vehicles. We ended up moving to another place. Our stay had been prepaid, and we did not get any money back.

However, the room being uncomfortably warm and noisy, was nothing compared with the rudeness of the staff.

* we asked for a map of the area, the clerk gave us a map and was bothered because we asked her to please show us where we were located in the map. She marked it without an explanation and cut us off.

* I called to tell her the AC control panel turned on but the AC was not working. She snapped at me and said that was normal and to sleep with the window open.

* My key would not work, so I went to ask for another one, and she said the key was fine. I told her it was not working. She kept arguing with me about it and trying to prove me wrong. Finally, she gave me another key which worked fine.

*Upon our move out the next morning, the new clerk argued with my husband that the noise and lack of AC was normal and expected and that we should stay in the country side next time.

Oh, and breakfast was really inferior to any other we had during our Italy trip.

Room Tip: If you can deal with rude staff, call hotel before booking to find out if they have AC during the time you will visit if you want AC.
4  Thank Gracie B
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We had room 344 and I would suggest you ask not to have this room if you want to get any sleep! The room was beautifully decorated and clean apart from when I put the extra pillows on top of the wardrobe and was covered in dust!

This room is right outside the elevator and above the main entrance so you get so much noise from the wine bar opposite. The air conditioning also didn't work.

The room itself was lovely and the location is fantastic as it is 1 street from the arena and lots of restaurants and was easy for us to nip back to the hotel and then go back out to attractions several times.

The staff noticed that it was my 30th birthday was checking my passport and kindly put a chilled bottle of prosecco in my room whilst I was out for dinner, I thought this was a very nice touch and showed real care and attention.

All of the staff were very helpful and the breakfast was very varied and nice.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the back of the hotel if you like peace and quiet
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Ideal central location to visit all spots of city center. Small hotel but clean, friendly staff, lift...small rooms offering all what needed with very precise ergonomy. Just a bit noisy due to city center and very simple breakfast room which is multi function restaurant with moderate service quality. Breackfast itself is correct. Excellent wi fi and price versus quality correct. I recommend.

Room Tip: High floor
1  Thank Tekaia R