“Favorite resturant”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This was our favorite resturant in Venice. A local neighborhood spot. Great food, wonderful service.

1  Thank whitleybh
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stopped in for a late lunch. There were only 8 small tables in the restaurant so I can see why you might not get a seat even if you have a reservation. It was recommended by the concierge at our hotel as a personal favorite in the area we were going to be. A place were the locals eat. You know you are getting authentic Italian food. I got the gnocchi with meat sauce (freshly made that morning) and my husband got veal with prosciutto...very delicious!

1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We ate here twice during our recent visit to Venice. On both occasions we found the food to be exceptional and the service absolutely charming. I had the fresh anchovies and soft shell crab as starter on both nights. My husband fought his way through the huge cured meats and cheese platter as a starter on our first night and some absolutely sublime ravioli on the second. Main courses were sea bass and john dory with radicchio first time round, then tuna, perfectly cooked and served simply with mild rocket and 25-year old balsamic on the second.

The best decision we made was to ask the gentleman whom we understand is the owner's father to choose our wines for us. Wow, no other word for them; perfectly selected, thank you.

Don't go here if you want standard old-style Italian fare. This is modern Italian cooking at its best, delicate and tempting.

1  Thank claranda
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I first visited this Osteria in 2006 when I stayed nearby, and went back again this year on my trip this month. Was very pleased to see it was still there and still serving the same lovely food. It is great for people-watching too. HIghly recommended.

1  Thank Fiona C
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We almost didn't get to eat here; the restaurant is absolutely tiny, and they only just squeezed us in. I'm very glad they did. The food was absolutely delicious - they change the menu every day, with lots of fresh fish from the market. The wine was fantastic, and they had a huge range. The service was very friendly and relaxed - our waiter was full of suggestions! He didn't even charge us for our coffees. The restaurant is on a small street next to the canal, with a couple of outside tables, and is very nicely decorated inside. If I go back to Venice, I'm definitely eating there again!