We didn't mind this hotel, but wish we chose somewhere else. Next time we will definitely stay in Venice proper in one of the smaller palazzo hotels.
I chose this hotel knowing that we would need to take a shuttle. What a mistake it was. The first time getting off the Vaporetto in Venice proper and taking the shuttle to the hotel was truly magical. However, when you have to wait for up to 40 min under the scorching sun for the none air-coned and often crowded shuttle (Unlike the vaporetto there is no space outside to stand, so the only breeze you will get is from the small windows in the cabin), the magic wears off pretty quickly. They really need to increase the number of shuttles, as every 40 min from St Marcs may sound ok, but it really can be a major pain. No seats or shades near the docks either which was also an issue, as the heat and the sun was almost unbearable while we were there. The extra 20min on a boat across a rough open water is something you can do without when you are already feeling run down from the heat or if you're prone to motion sickness.
Also, the fact that the shuttles are so sparse and it being on a different island from everything else makes it that much harder to plan your journey to/from the airport. I suppose it's ok if can afford 200 quid for the return trip from/to Marco Polo airport on the water taxi, but if you have to take the coach from Piazzale Roma to Treviso airport like we did, it's a hustle you can really do without out.
It was our anniversary, so we emailed them in advance and asked if it would be possible for them to get us a canal view. They said they will try to give us an upgrade, but it depends on availability. When we got there, we were given a room with a view to brick walls. We did ask them again, but the answer was "all the rooms are fully booked and paid for".
In fairness our room was a very good looking, tastefully decorated and cozy room with bathroom almost the same size as the bedroom. Also they did get us a bottle of Prosecco, some chocolate coated strawberries and rose petals (albeit fake ones) on the bed which was very lovely, though as we checked in early we didn't get them on arrival.
LOVED the swimming pool. Amazing view and a perfect way to cool down when you're sun struck from walking around Venice all morning. Yes it is small and can get busy, but lovely nevertheless. The swimming pool is the reason I'm giving this hotel 3 stars and not 2.
I understand it's the Hilton blah blah, but single espresso will costs you 5 euros when a local cafe down the pier serves them for 1 euro and a lovely canal side hotel in Venice serves them for 3 euros. 9 euros/day to use the internet. A panini (with a bit of green and ready salted crisps on the side) for one, bottled water and two glasses of Bellini cost us 50 euros, which was by far the most expensive and tasteless half meal we had in Venice. The stuff are very professional, polite and somewhat inpersonal but wiling to help as you would expect from a chain hotel.
It is full of Hilton Honours members (guests exchanging tales of various Hiltons around the world can be often overheard on the shuttle boat) , so I'd imagine it may be worth it if you are an Honours member who likes to feel special and indulged. But if you're not, not worth the hustle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Molino Stucky Hilton Venice has opened its doors on June 2007 and can be considered one of Europe’s most ambitious architectural restoration projects in recent years. The hotel has been created by reuniting the buildings that were once part of the Stucky Flour Mill which dates back to 1895 and counts 379 rooms including 88 executive rooms and 44 suites. We are the only hotel in Venice to offer a five-star spa and an amazing panoramic rooftop pool overlooking Venice and the Lagoon. The exclusive Skyline Rooftop Bar delights our guests with delicious cocktails with a breathtaking landscape of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel Venice
- Hilton International Venice
- Hilton Venice
- Venice Hilton