“Excellent Location”

Ranked #24 of 385 Hotels in Venice
uk
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Family midweek Easter city break in Venice for 3 nights stay in the ‘Residence Corte Grimani hotel’. The location of this hotel is excellent, within easy walking distance of all the major tourist sites in Venice (2 minutes walk from St Marks Square, 5 minutes walk from Rialto Bridge). The apartment we stayed in was easily large enough for the four of us (2 adults 2 children 11 & 12) with a small Kitchenette in one room, however we didn’t make use of this. The hotel is room only with no restaurant however the there is no shortage of great restaurants only a stone’s throw from the front door. We had a great meal at the Hard Rock Cafe just down the road from the hotel. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for us which added to the family friendly feel to the hotel.
The only small down side with the room was you could hear the other guests in the room above which could be a bit noisy. However we were so shattered from sightseeing this did not prove to be much of a problem. Tip.. if you’re a light sleeper it might be worth taking ear plugs just in case.
All in all, top rate ‘no frills’ small hotel in an excellent location helped to make this a great holiday.

Room Tip: upper floor rooms may be quieter if your a light sleeper
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rgibo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I was traveling to Venice by train for the first time with my partner back in Dec'11.. and arrived fairly late in the evening. The place was a bit hard to find at night as most corners look just about the same to us. But once we found the hotel, we were warmly received by the kind gentlemen who worked there. The rooms were big and spacious. Centrally located and easily accessible.

What I really must comment on were the friendliness and honesty of the staff members. Unknown to me, we're required to hand in our passports for verification upon checking in. I had a big note of EUR clipped in my wallet and without realizing, had handed my passport and my cash to the counter. It was only much later that I realized I didn't have my cash with me. The hotel staff were aware that my cash was with my passport and safe kept it for me. To which I am very greatful for. Also, a staff namely Maurizio were so kind to us. He told us of the best local restaurants to go to, for which I've enjoyed the best tiramisu in the world!

Of all things that could've been said - this place is simply the best for me and I would most definitely come back again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vopuez
dallas
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This was my second time in Venice and second time I stayed at this hotel. When I visit a third time, I will definitely stay here again! It is a great location, the rooms a re clean and spacious and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It is very close to San Marco square and easy to walk to all of the wonderful things Venice has to offer. I would highly recommend this hotel to couples, families or groups of friends. Thanks for another great vacation!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We found the Corte Grimani an excellent choice for a family of 5, which in Europe is difficult to accommodate in one room. The Corte Grimani had a suite with 3 queen-size beds, perfect for putting the kids in one room and having privacy in the other. We especially enjoyed having two bathrooms and a crazy little washer/dryer in one, which saved us from spending a morning at the lavenderia. Friendly staff, clean, well-run, and a great value.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lanedomain
Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Our family of 4 stayed in a 2 room apartment. It was very big and perfectly clean. The two bathrooms were especially nice. We were on 4th floor and had a nice view of the canal. We walked from the water bus stop at San Marco and found it easily and quickly from the detailed directions on hotels website. The beds were good, but firm. Firm beds seem to be the norm in Italy. The staff were spectacular. They were helpful, bilingual and courteous and kind. They were the best part of the hotel. All in all it was a great stay (3 days). The only drawback is it is noisy sometimes at night. People on the bridge over canal, yelling and clattering around at night. My girls whom are usually very sound sleepers were awakened 2/3 nights by yelling. I think this is not the norm based on other reviews.
They have a fridge for your use and an electric kettle. Though instant coffee only offered the first day of our stay and not refilled when housekeeping cleaned our rooms. Staff directed us to take away coffee and patisserie shops very close by that were good. Venice was lovely and easily walked, this hotels location was good, it has a nice elevator for hauling luggage to room and rooms are spacious. Cost seems good also, for Venice. It's a good place for families plenty of room for the 4 of us.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms give a better view, and a little distance from traffic on the canal
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family