Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews rialto bridge google maps location is great explore venice three nights pastries umberto square toiletries
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I visited this property in September. I have stayed in Venice before and decided to stay right in the centre of town.
My partner and I arrived around 1am as our flight was delayed to the address given on the booking...this was a separate place to the reception...Its not even next door it's a completely different building and very hard to navigate to find the building.(This was never mentioned on the booking) We then had to navigate to this reception in the dark at 1:15am (not happy)

Anyway...
We checked in..I had prepaid for the room when I had made the booking. We then asked for a late check out as we had arrived so late, the boy at the check in granted us this late check out of 6pm the next day. He even wrote it down on a piece of paper and signed it for us just incase there is confusion the next day.
The young man also wrote down my credit card detail even though I had already paid for the room. (I thought this was strange..as he didn't even ask me for a pre authorisation etc)
We were due to depart on a cruise around 9pm that night so we slept in and set out for some lunch and a stroll around Venice.

We later on arrived back to the accommodation around 4:30pm to find that we had been locked out of our room.
We then walked over to the reception to see what was going on & why we had been locked out of our room. There were two Italian men at the reception which we believed one was the owner of the accommodation.
We then questioned why we locked out of our room, one of gentleman responded and said that we had overstayed our check out time which was apparently 11am.
We then responded and told him that his staff member had told us that we could check out later and we had proof of this on the piece of paper that was on the bedside table in the room. The owner answered aggressively saying that he doesn't give late check out nor does his staff. The owners tone was disgusting and he was getting more and more aggressive as the conversation went on. We then asked him where our belongings were and he said he had packed up our suitcases and removed them from the accomodation.
Mind you we both had all of our personal belongings undies etc which he had touched and shoved into one bag without our consent. He had touched our toothbrushes and just shoved them in my partners bag along with the rest of our clothes and shoes. We were disgraced and felt violated that he had gone through our belongings and packed it up.

We demanded that our bags be returned to us..I checked my bank account to find that the owner of San lio had ran €500 off my credit card without my consent or pre authorisation. I then questioned him about this transaction which at first he denied it then I went and called my bank and they confirmed it was from his business he then called it a 'pre authorisation' . Mind you this accommodations standard rate is £40 a night. So what would they need €500 euros for. He then told me it would be held for 2 weeks.

We left with a very sour taste in our mouth.
The owner was very aggressive basically accusing us of lying about a late check out.
I would never stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2016
7  Thank Glamoore88
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

The San Lio guest house is placed conveniently close to the Rialto bridge and acts as a great hub for visiting Venice. The location is the guest house absolute best asset!

Check-in was cumbersome and poorly explained, meaning that you have to carry your luggage from the guest house to another hotel where the check in takes place and then back again.

Once checked in, we were not impressed by the standards. The walls were dirty/broken and the ceiling had stains and mold!

The bed itself was clean, and that fact plus the location is the reason behind a decent score.

Will only recommend this place, if you don't plan on being too long in your hotel room during your stay.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Stayed here for one night. Central Location, basic but neat and clean room with comfortable bed. Gianmarco deserves a high five and hugs for his amazing assistance. He provided us the map and a video link on how to reach the hotel and did a smooth check-in although we were very late. The only thing that give a negative picture is that double beds are not actually double beds but two singles put together and this is what Ive seen in most the hotels so may be this is the norm at most places. Anyway, Definitely recommend this property.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 1 August 2016

We loved staying here. It was so convenient, very clean and a nice size hotel room. The staff in the main office was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay and would go back. It was located very nicely in the middle of everything which made it easy to explore then take quick break in our room before hitting the town again.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 24 July 2016

This hotel is slap bang in the middle of Venice so is ideal for exploring every part of of the beautiful city. There is also a small supermarket at the end of the street as well as numerous restaurants and shops close by.
It is a basic room with no view but it does have a mini bar which is ideal for keeping water and Prosecco cold. The wifi and air conditioning are both good and there is a coffee machine on the stairs which is free until 10am.
It's not fancy but it's clean and ideal for a short city break when you spend little time in the room.

Date of stay: July 2016