All reviewssister hotelsuperior room with canal viewclassic double roomrelaxing stayfabulous citypleasant hotelst marksthe ground floornight breakbrick walltwo single bedspastriesflights of stairsair conditioningbreakfast roomlovely roomeach morning
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Casa nicolo priuli is part of a group of adjacent hotels in Venice that share the name Priuli. I cannot recommend staying at this particular Priuli hotel (Casa Nicolo) as construction noise throughout the day precludes any hope of a restful or relaxing stay. The breakfast eating area is cramped and noisy as guests jam their way to the tiny space.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel until construction is completed.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank F1racefan
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We had such a great stay in this cute hotel. Our room was huge, really clean, the location was perfect. There was a great selection at breakfast and we loved how helpful the staff were especially taking our bags straight off us and getting them to our room. A great place to stay in Venice.

Room Tip: We requested a canal view room and being on the bottom floor it wasn't a great view but still able to see the canel out of the window.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mount_Traveller
Reviewed 17 June 2017

The hotel has a good location and the rooms are pretty good in size and presentation. A couple of points worth mentioning are that this is a smaller hotel attached to a bigger property just around the corner. The hotel serves only breakfast, which is very good. Our rooms were located in adjoining block to the reception. The staff was pretty helpful and assisted us whenever needed.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

A centrally located pleasant hotel. Clean, air conditioned albeit a little tired. The breakfast has a full range of fresh fruit, pastries, yogurts, cheese, meats and toast etc and is pleasant enough. There are only a couple of tables outside which are preferable but in demand. The service is limited as only ever one member of staff available.
Room with a canal view was lovely.
Perfectly working safe, air conditioning, shower, mini fridge etc. All good

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 3lizaMerlin
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We have just returned from Venice, celebrating our wedding anniversary and my birthday. My husband spoke to the manager prior to our arrival to explain that this was a special weekend for us and to ask if we could have a lovely, bright room. He sounded supportive but when we arrived we were shown to a tiny room, with a small window overlooking a brick wall and a yard filled with rubble. We were offered an opportunity to upgrade to the sister hotel next door, the Palacio Priuli, a 4* hotel, in contrast to the original 3* , for a supplement of 30 euros per night. The room was bigger and the bathroom bright and modern so we accepted. Sadly the shower didn't work efficiently; every couple of minutes the water suddenly turned burning hot. As it was the weekend I understood that no plumber would be available until Monday but no plumber appeared then so I was burning myself every time I showered. I kept the hotel updated so the plumber could eventually receive accurate information. For our 3 night break we had already paid an extra £500 above the original cost of the "deal" which provided a very basic hotel in Venice province so not on the island. As our flight home was in the evening I requested a late check-out on the grounds that the hotel could not utilise our room, which I considered unfit for purpose, until the plumbing problem had been fixed. This was eventually agreed but when I came to settle the bill I was told that I was still expected to pay the 90 euro supplement, despite the danger of the burning shower. I refused to do this and so was told that I would not then be allowed to keep the room, even though the room should not have been allocated to anyone else that day. I consider this most unprofessional. On the plus side, the breakfast waitress was a delight and looked after us very well. Snacks, fruit, water and soft drinks were left out on the table during the morning and afternoon for guests to refresh themselves, which I thought was a delightful gesture. The location was superb and the hotel was filled with beautiful paintings and authentic furnishings. it was a shame we had the problems we did and that the original Casa Nicolo Priuli did not make more effort to offer us a decent room, which we know they had. They also had a small courtyard, which would have been delightful, whereas the Palaccio had no outside facility.

Room Tip: We had a room in the Palaccio on the corner of 2 canals so delightful views. I don't know about other rooms
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple