All reviewsdoge's palacebridge of sighsyogurtsole apartmentmark's squarerooftop terraceprivate balconyattached restauranttucked awayperfect locationquiet alleysingle roomtop floorsmall hotelno elevatorfull kitchenst marks
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

I, personally, havent stayed at the hotel yet. I had to cancel, but Stefano is a serviceminded man.. Good english communication skills and fast email respons. I Will stay there next time i go to Venice!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Ssnorre
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

I agree with the comments in recent reviews. This hotel is a wonderful value! The location is the best for access to the vaporetto or walking to major attractions. Breakfast included delicious cappuccino, omelette,yogurt,fresh fruit etc. The hotel staff was attentive and friendly. The rooms were immaculate and the air conditioning was splendid during 93 degree days in July. They have several different size rooms.
We had the economy room which was very small. It cured me from thinking about living in a tiny house.
The bed was very comfortable. Also the rooftop terrace was a bonus. Susanna was special along with Alex and another young man who were very helpful and friendly. Enjoy!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Cadeidogiinvenice, Direttore at Ca' dei Dogi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear Luann

thank you very much for your feedback.

Hope to have you are best guest again in our Cà dei Dogi

Susanna and staff

Reviewed 14 July 2016

My husband and I stayed at Ca dei Dogi for 3 nights in May of this year. We made multiple stops in Italy, and Venice was the most vexing place to try and find affordable accommodations. Everything was expensive, especially if you wanted to be in the heart of the action (and unless you like walking A LOT, I'd recommend staying as in town as possible, as there are no taxis in Venice). When I stumbled across Ca dei Dogi, I was pleasantly surprised by the reasonable room rates and the great reviews. It definitely lived up to my expectations.

We flew into the Venice airport and then took the Vaporetto to the main area. Ca dei Dogi is a very short walk from the vaporetto stop - which you will be extremely grateful for if you are toting heavy luggage over the cobblestone streets, as we were! We were early for check-in, but we were able to leave our luggage with the concierge and explore the city while our room was prepared.

The inn is located basically behind the Doge's palace - a very short walk to St. Mark's Square, but hidden from all the touristy madness. I believe the location is ideal so long as you're not fixated on having a view of a canal (we didn't miss it).

We stayed in a Superior Room on the 4th floor. It is important to note that the hotel does not have an elevator - my husband and I are late-20's/mid-30's, and we did not mind the exercise - but someone with knee/leg issues or any disability might want to choose a room closer to the ground floor.

The room was a great value for the size, especially in Venice. I had been warned by everyone I knew who had traveled to the area of the "sardine box" hotel rooms. Our room was not what I would call spacious, but it was very comfortable. My husband (he is 6'4") did struggle a bit with the shower height, but we typically expect that at hotels. The room was clean and had all the necessary amenities - a mini-fridge, TV (not that we used this), Queen bed, and even a tiny private terrace.

The hotel also has a large rooftop terrace (which might as well have been private, since we were the only ones who used it as far as we could tell) from which you can view the Doge's palace. We loved to sit up here with a bottle of wine at night and listen to the bell of the Doge's palace chime, complete with hordes of pigeons scattering overhead. It was really a neat experience and I'd encourage anyone who stays at Ca dei Dogi to take advantage of this unique spot.

Breakfast was included and was really lovely. Fresh omelette every day, which they were happy to prepare vegetarian for me. Cappuccino made to order, croissant, yogurt, fresh fruit, and biscuits were always on offer as well.

The hotel is staffed 24 hours if there is ever a need for anything. We did bother them for a wine opener one night and they happily provided one. I wish I could remember the name of the woman who was at the desk often during the day. She provided us with an excellent restaurant recommendation on our last day, when we decided rather last minute that we'd like to have a fine dining experience in Venice before we left. She made us reservations at Linea d'Ombra, which was so different and fabulous. We didn't get a chance to see her again before we left and tell her how much we enjoyed her selection!

All in all, this is an excellent value in Venice. Its perfect location, friendly staff, and comfortable rooms (plus extra amenities like the terrace and breakfast) make it ideal for anyone looking for an ideal stay in Venice minus the $400/night cost. Thank you, Ca dei Dogi, for a great experience!

Room Tip: Superior room on the 4th floor is roomy, but requires lots of stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2016

This hotel in the centre of Venice was excellent! It's located right next door to Dogi Palace & the Bridge of Sighs, not far at all from the Alilaguna Water Taxi stop at San Ziccaria. As other reviews have mentioned the rooms aren't big but you won't be spending much time in there anyway as you will be out exploring. It was spotlessly clean & the shower in our room was amazing.

The owner Stefano & his staff were wonderful, especially as our cases had been left at Edinburgh airport so he was on the phone all afternoon trying to help us locate them. He really was amazing.

Breakfast was extremely good as well.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough, wonderful and will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ally_mckilligan
Reviewed 12 July 2016

My wife and loved this small boutique hotel. The location is perfect, right behind the Palazzo Ducale and almost under the Bridge of Sighs. The staff is wonderful. Stefano cheerfully greeted us when we arrived and Susanna arranged a water taxi for our departure to the airport. She even walked us to the boat. The breakfasts are great, which includes including a freshly made omelet. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple