2,825 results
All reviewssan staevaporetto stoprialto bridgeprivate bridgecroissantsgrand canalthe main hotelbeautiful courtyardminute walktrain stationannex buildingwater busoff the beaten pathhigh ceilingssmall canalquiet neighborhoodcharming hotel
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We got one of the last rooms in the hotel for our 4-night stay in Venice which turned out to be the economy room with the single french bed. I was a bit worried, given its description - I had no idea what a single french bed was, and it mentioned being behind the reception, so I was concerned about noise - but the hotel had such great reviews, I decided we'd chance it.

I'm SO happy we did. The room looks exactly like the photos on the website - small, and a little bit dark - but there was room for our two small suitcases and us, and a small wardrobe in which to hang things. The "single french bed" turned out to be something between a full/double and a queen - totally comfortable for the 2 of us.

The room is directly behind the reception, but because it's a small hotel, it was never noisy. The only time we'd really hear people was in the morning because the breakfast room was across the hall, but even then, it wasn't jarringly loud.

Best of all, the low price we paid included all the hotel's amenities, including it's great location, big breakfast and EXCELLENT staff. I can't remember the last time I stayed at a hotel where everyone was so pleasant and happy to help. Prime example - the morning that we slept through breakfast and asked where we could find coffee nearby, they offered to make us coffee and even found us some pastries from the morning's buffet, and did it all like it was their pleasure to help us out. They cheerfully answered all our questions about traveling, walking, nearby restaurants, and random cultural questions, even though I'm sure they hear the same stuff 10x a day. I can't say enough about how welcoming and professional they were, and how it made such a difference to our stay.

If you can get any room there, take it!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank madly99
Reviewed 9 September 2017

A warm welcome for my 4th visit to this gem of a hotel set near to the San Stae vaporetto stop in a lovely area away from the tourist crowds. Our room in the annexe was quiet, and immaculately clean. Apologies were made for an issue with the shower as a part was going to take some time to arrive, so pliers had been left to turn the system from bath to shower. We couldn't manage to make the shower work, but it wasn't a problem for us. The breakfasts as usual were wonderful, and the friendly staff brighten your day as soon as you enter the dining area with their greetings. Due to security delays at the airport we decided to get an earlier Alilaguna, and the hotel kindly allowed an early breakfast. Hopefully I'll be back again next year!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jabaxse
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We stayed in this very charming Hotel for 3 nights (pre-cruise) in late August 2017. The Hotel, Staff, Rooms, and Breakfast were all impeccable in all respects. The Hotel's quiet location is deceiving as there are numerous excellent restaurants in close walking distance. Also, there is a water Taxi stop a very short walk away. It was about a 10 minute walk to or from the Rialto Bridge. Our room was very comfortable and super clean and the morning breakfasts were of the very highest quality.
I would highly recommend this wonderful small and charming hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor in a superior Room - EXCELLENT
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LAS2002
Reviewed 5 September 2017

The staff who works at this hotel are absolutely top notch. The breakfast was absolutely delicious and they were able to accommodate us when we arrived early. The hotel itself is located away from the main tourist drag but close enough to walk there quickly. Although the room was rather small, the bathroom appeared to have been newly updated. Additionally, I thought that the price was quite reasonable. Because this is a smaller property I would definitely recommend booking a room here on the earlier side.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah Y
Reviewed 31 August 2017

This canal-side hotel was lovely. We stayed in the recently refurbished 'Annex' with beautiful new period furniture and fabric covered walls. The breakfast room was charming and featured the best breakfast buffets of our entire European vacation. The staff was friendly and helpful - even provided us tea on the patio late in the evening. The location was excellent for walking to many of the sites we wanted to visit. Exceeded expectations!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends