“Sweet and great location”
Review of Hotel Belle Epoque

Hotel Belle Epoque
Ranked #195 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

Spent three nights here. Was actually transferred from the sister hotel. The room just fit a double bed, single wardrobe and two small bedside tables in. It was tiny but air conned and the bathroom was bigger! The ceiling was very high which actually conquered any claustrophobia. Power shower was a bonus, safe and television worked. Apart from one night of noisy upstairs we had silence in this hotel. Fantastic when you want to come back for a nap in the afternoon then return to the busy street! Down the road from buses/taxi/train and into the local areas; we had a perfect time. Breakfast was continental, perfect for a coissant and a coffee. Meats and cereals are also available. The decor was lovely and Venetian; a gold fish bowl sink was fun to photograph! Everything was gold or quilted or patterned.
The room didn't have any luxuries like bathrobes or kettle but it was comfortable and clean. Hotel staff also cleaned our room and made our bed which was unexpected.
Remember city tax for future reference!
Think it was 3 euro a night each.
Visit the cafe outside the hotel turn left and it's on the right. Beautiful place to eat. Best coffee I had in Venice.
There is also a cheap Help yourself chain restaurant outside the hotel (turn right and on the right). called Brek. If you're ever stuck for food although I didn't eat here!

• Stayed: August 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

The quadraple room was very very very very small and we had no space to move around the room .We had to virtually walk over the bed to go to the bathrooom.There was not even space to arrange our luggage.Breakfast was very bad and internet had to be paid for.Receptionists were not helpful .Hotel could certainly improve as far as cleanliness and renovation are concerned.
The only thing we appreciated is the location....just a short walk from the vaporetto stop, the train station and the bus station

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Well it is Venice so if you want to stay in the latest refurbished hotel this is not for you but if you want to stay in a true Venetian Hotel then this place ticks the boxes. The Hotel and rooms have a typical Venetian feel to them, are spacious enough and then have modern contemporary ensuite. Price wise and all things considered it is great value for what generally can be an expensive city. If asked... I would say that I would stay here again.
I had read a review that the staff were abrupt but we stayed for a couple of days and experienced 3 different staff members and each one was very helpful. Great young lady on reception who rang up places to try and book us into tours and gave great recommendations on which ones were a rip off and which ones where of value.
Location wise I thought it was great. It's less that a five minuted walk to the main train station, which was great for us as we arrived by train, and then out the front of the station are all the water bus stops for straight down the main canal. The street the hotel is on has some great shopping and fantastic authentic Italian restaurants so get lost for a day in the side streets.
Hotel breakfast was more than adequate to get you going for the day.
Now there is one thing I highly recommend you see and that is on the ground floor bathroom the handbasin is an aquarium. Worth a photo for a laugh.
Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: I think If you are elderly then there are lifts but I would suggest not staying on the top floor as...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank APHW
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Hotel Belle Epoque is a great choice if you want to be close to the train station. We were spending one night there - and had to be at the cruise terminal the next day at noon. Check in was slow and the gentleman that works nights is not particularly pleasant. The desk was VERY busy - and I had to wait several times to try and get a wifi code (a small charge for this as well) They were in no rush to get you checked in - but the phone started ringing in our room by 11:05 am for check out! The rooms were very clean, and decorated for garishly - but were nice and very "venice!" We had two twin beds and a hideabed for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. It was just fine for us - the bathroom was very nice. We did not have the breakfast so can't comment on that. In the morning - it took us about 20 min to walk to cruise. Overall - Venice is very expensive - we felt this room was a good value for where we needed it to be. With canadian conversion - the room was $240.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Havekidswilltravel71
Reviewed 28 July 2012

When I arrived I'be been informed that my room was unavailable due some hidraulic problem I was sent to a worse hotel (Hotel Spagna) where I had to climb stairs (two floors) with no help with all my luggages. Next day I returned to the hotel and they finally gave me a room. When I complained that was unfair to pay for a hotel and receive a worse one they just said that the manager was not available and they couldn't offer anything. When I insisted they confessed that actually there was no hidraulic problem but a overbook, said that this is very common and I should feel luck to get a hotel so close. Then I wrote down a complain to the manager. Two weeks now. No answer. Horrible Experience. It's a great scam because just a few people are reallocated per day so their global evaluation isn't so low as it should be. Are you feeling lucky?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple