We stayed here in March of 2012 for 4 nights.
Excellent. Very welcoming and informative whenever we needed advice or directions. Of note was our departure - it was early (before breakfast) and they worked with us to arrange our transportation, then surprised us with a picnic to take with us in the morning.
Also excellent. Pastries, cerals, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cappucino and espresso... all that along with a great view of the grand canal.
Right on the grand canal, 5 minutes walk from the Rialto bridge. Only downside is that the vaporetto (water bus) doesn't stop right outside the hotel. That means a short walk through Venice's twisting alleys with your bags. Not a big deal, but we did get turned around once before we found it.
Clean and well appointed. Lobby is upstairs from the entry but there's a small lift. We only had two issues:
1) the wifi did not work in our room. If that's important to you make sure you specify in advance. We just went into the lounge to do our daily research.
2) as several people have noted, the bed was extremely hard. We thought "complainers!" when we read these, but really... be prepared.
Overall we really liked the Ca' Angeli. It was just a bit quirky, the breakfast was an excellent start to each day, and the location simply can't be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- During the last century, this house belonged to Angelo Scattolin, a famous Venetian architect, Chair in Architecture at the University of Venice, professor at the Academy of Fine Arts and Overseer of St. Mark's Church between the 1960s and 70s.In his house, he blended the classic Venetian styles with solutions which were already paving the way for modern architecture: respect for tradition and innovation are combined with a simple, rational style in the rooms and furnishings, reflecting the light and charm of Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Ca' Angeli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ca` Angeli Hotel Venice