Hotel Antiche Figure
Hotel Airone(Venice)
Hotel Canal(Venice)
Bellini(Venice)
4,016 results
All reviewstrain stationgrand canalpiazzale romaacross the bridgescalzi bridgewater taxithe hotel staffcanal view rooman upgradepastriescruise terminalpeople moverstay in venicewonderful hotelconvenient locationthe main hotelrestaurant recommendations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Perfect place if you are taking a cruise, or just visting.

The hotel is so lovely, charming, clean and helpful! We paid a couple of extra euro to move to the front of the hotel so we had views of the Grand Canal. It was perfect!

1.It is right on the grand canal right across from the train station and the water bus stop so you can get ANYWHERE easily.
2. It is two small bridges from Piazzale Roma which is where you can take the bus from the airport for only a couple of euros. Once you get off the bus, head towards the Grand Canal. Do NOT take the large glass bridge over the canal, turn right and go over two small bridges. The hotel is right before the bridge you would take to cross the Grand Canal to get to the train station or water buses.
3. To get to your cruse ship, depending on where it is docked, you can go back to the Piazzle Roma and use the people mover or use the water bus to drop you off at the dock. We used the bus as our ship was not docked where most of the larger ships are placed.

I booked this hotel because of trip advisor's reviews and it was not wrong! My travel agent wanted to book me somewhere else and the price was going to be twice as much. She also wanted to get us transportation from the airport and also to the cruise ship. If we had gone with her, the transportation alone was going to cost us (family of 4) about $700. You do not need any private transportation. The bus from the airport and the regular bus service is convenient and perfect.
The front desk people are so helpful and speak beautiful English. I called them directly to find out about transportation, they told me everything I needed to know.
Can't say enough good things about this hotel and the staff.

Room Tip: upgrade to the front for the view!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank CatherineChicago_IL
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I'm looking forward to a return visit to the Antiche Figure. I totally enjoyed this hotel last year--the owners, Francesca and spouse, the servers at breakfast and the bartender were so, so, accommodating. I hope to renew my experiences there.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Gmarotta12
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This hotel is literally across the Grand Canal from the train station. You just turn left out of the train station and go one block, cross the Ponte Scalzi and then go one block to the right and voila! you're there. Super clean and great rooms. Wonderful breakfast included. The staff of Alessandro, Anka, Francesca and Antonio were all super helpful and friendly. Defintely consider this hotel when you're booking for Venice. I loved my stay here. I wish it could've been longer.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a less than great room. Super place
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank georgenmiller
Reviewed 2 February 2012

It's just opposite to the train station San Lucia & 10 mins walk from Plaza Roma Bus station which extremely convenient for travelling between Venice & other parts of Italy. for inner city travelling, just 30mins walk to San Marco Square!

With it's relatively low room charge, the services provided there are excellent and professional. City map will be provided and detail info will be explained. free wifi & one desk top available on the ground floor made us keep connected with our families.

I would say that the "software" (ppl) in this hotel is excellent! of cos' the "hardware" (decoration) cannot be compared with 5 stars chained hotel but as a frequet leisure traveller, i could say that this is really a nice place to stay in during the time in Venice.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MeanVivi
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We had a weekend in December at this hotel. I was concerned as it was rated as a 3 star but was very surprised. There was a little pickle with the booking but it was quickly resolved. The quality of accomodation is lovely and with 2 children with us our room was perfect. The staff were helpful, attentive and friendly and were only too willing to help. I think the staff really make this hotel special and why so many people enjoy their stay. We do hope to go back to Venice one day and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: A balcony room is a definate bonus with beautiful views
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family