All reviews mark's square great location san zaccaria vaporetto stop water taxi rick steves grand canal yogurt two blocks the main hotel would stay here again small hotel quiet street small square bridge of sighs san marco cold cuts ham
Reviewed 24 September 2017

My husband and I stayed here in 2009, but things were a little different this time. The desk staff were all indifferent and made us feel like we were bothering them. Sometimes they were rude. (We were not demanding Americans, in fact were pleasant to them and gracious for any help.) It seems the Venetians are a bit unhappy with an overload of tourists and this seems to be reflected in their outward interactions with guests. Our “classic double” was on the small side, but clean. The bathroom was especially small. If you want to brush your teeth while sitting on the commode this is a possibility. The location is great, just a short walk up a ramp from the San Zaccarria stop. The breakfast is okay if you like fake scrambled eggs. They did have fresh ricotta, yoghurts, meats, etc. so it wasn’t terrible. Our flight was early, they did provide us with a “bucket breakfast.” One of the breakfast room staff, Michaela, offered this. I doubt the desk staff would have done so. How would they know a guest is departing early since they really have no interest in interacting except to collect your money, whereas Michaela was pleasant and conversed. Despite any positive attributes it was overpriced and you should not have to put up with attitude from staff. This was a total let down from our first stay. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lubelle4
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel has a great location but that in itself is not good enough as the rooms and facilities really let this hotel down.
Our room was small ( which is fine) but it was musty and smelt very damp. It was right next door to the store and the noise was really bad most of the time. The breakfast was ok small selection but did the job. Expensive for what we paid and I wouldn't recommend. No ambience or warmth in the hotel and the heating a/c didn't work in our room either. Not a pleasant stay

1  Thank Ryan C
Campiello_Hotel, Proprietario at Hotel Campiello, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Ryan C,

we are really sorry to hear that the experience at our hotel did not live up to your expectations.
Concerning the noise, our hotel is located in the heartland of Venice, but strategically placed inside a quiet courtyard, far from the clamour of tourists; it is strange you found it rowdy. Moreover, we would like to assure you that the prices are proportional to our services: as just stated, our hotel is located in the heart of Venice, near many of the most famous points of interest.
Anyway, we treasured your advices and the room you stayed in has just been refurbished. With regards to A/C we can assure you it is properly working: it may have happened that a previous customer had changed the thermostat settings. If you had called our concierge they would have solved your problem in a second.
We would be pleased to see you again next time you come to Venice, thus you may test it by yourself.

Best regards,
Hotel Campiello

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I took my partner to Venice for his birthday. I found this hotel on trip advisor and thought I would give it a try. The location is absolutely brilliant!!! So close to the grand canal/St Marks square, other than that there is nothing special about this hotel. It was very small, breakfast was ok but nothing fantastic (some people had to stand and wait for 30 minutes as there weren't enough tables).
The staff were friendly and helpful however I don't think I would stay here again I feel this hotel is is very overpriced and isn't value for money.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Hotel is perfectly situated beside San Zachariah vaparetto stop so close to St Marks and within a short walk of some lovely restaurants. Staff are friendly & helpful and room was clean & comfortable, perfect.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Great location, close to water taxi, very quiet, a step away from St Mark square. Would stay there again and recommend it to my friends and family. Easy access to cruise ship and easy to get to from the airport. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends