All reviews mark's square great location san zaccaria vaporetto stop water taxi rick steves grand canal yogurt two blocks the main hotel would stay here again small hotel quiet street small square bridge of sighs san marco cold cuts ham
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We disembarked from our cruise early in the morning and paid a little extra for a prearranged escort to meet us at the port, ride with us in the taxi and take us directly to the Hotel Campiello, located two canals over from St. Marks Square, steps from the main canal. Venice can be difficult to navigate if you've not been there before, especially while toting luggage! So this was money well spent.
Though it was too early to check in, we were able to leave our bags with a very gracious front desk clerk who welcomed us warmly. He even locked up my husband's laptop so that we didn't have to carry it as we began our exploration of the city.
The facility itself was clean, quaint and offered a nice breakfast each morning, with plenty of room to enjoy with fellow hotel guests.
Our room was directly off the courtyard outside the hotel proper which was quite convenient. It was comfortable, compact (average size for a European hotel) and had a well equipped bathroom with a towel warming rack and a stand up shower with jacuzzi jets. It even had a bidet (though we didn't work up the nerve to try it). There was a nice sized closet with a safe and a few drawers to store our things, as well as an in room fridge. There was also a TV, but we never turned it on. The bed was very comfortable with a sufficient number of pillows.
So if you are planning a visit to Venice, Hotel Campiello would be a great choice of accommodation.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mel R
Reviewed 19 June 2017

We were wedging two half days and one night into a two week Florence/Rome vacation, and while I had selected AirBNB and HomeAway accommodations for those cities, I choose the Hotel Campiello for Venice, and I'm glad I did. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the rooms were exactly as advertised. Functional, tasteful and clean, albeit a little small. The location couldn't be beat as you are right where the water taxi drops off (~$60 euro from train station.) We didn't want to use the Vaporettos as we had 3 large bags. This was a good call and quite fun! We did this in and out instead of a cheesy gondola ride. They held our luggage for several hours while we did more sightseeing as well. And if you pay cash they give you a 10% "Rick Steves" discount to boot. I likely won't be back to Venice, but it won't be because of this hotel. They added a lot of charm to a very touristy city.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank supremeomnibobo
Reviewed 16 June 2017

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Campiello in Venice. It was easy to find and had a great location. Just steps from the water bus stop of San Zaccaria and right around the corner from St. Mark's square. We had a family room with 4 beds and there was plenty of space for all of us. We also enjoyed the breakfast in the morning which was included with our room.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank teriandjp
Reviewed 16 June 2017

On a recent trip to Venice and Northern Italy, my husband and I stayed at a cute hotel named Hotel Campiella in Venice.

The hotel was pleasant and centrally located right next to St Marks Square, with clean , rooms and a very satisfying breakfast. The air conditioner worked well which is important during summer months.

The part which was memorable in that hotel was the excellent service given by the receptionist, Roberta.
My husband left his cellphone behind and Roberta searched for us, finding us at the car rental office. She went way above and beyond what her duties are and looked for different ways to get the cellphone to us at our home address on her own time and at a minimal cost to us. She was so efficient and helpful and definitely made our trip to this hotel one which we will always remember positively.

Thank you, Roberta for helping to make this trip so special and for helping to solve problems before they even began.

Annette@Israel

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shadow m
Reviewed 11 June 2017

This hotel was once part of a convent. It was tastefully converted to a lovely small family run hotel. EVERY member of staff we met were smiling, friendly and helpful. The room was larger than I expected and very comfortable. Air conditioning (in May) is a big big bonus. Great breakfast. I can't imagine staying anywhere else now that I found this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple