All reviews lobby area the hotel is perfectly located st marks square stayed here for one night piazza san marco few minutes walk small canal cereal
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Rude staff on arrival. While checking in another couple came down to complain their door wouldn't lock, the staff did nothing and told them it does lock.

when they finally checked us in (3-4 woman sat round one small desk.. unhappy looking with not so much as a hello from them) we got to our room to find our door was broken, it took ages to secure and lots of frustration. The broken chair in the room was being held together by its upholstery, and the shower flooded the bathroom. i asked to change rooms the following morning.. the rude woman agreed but made us check out of the bad room, wait around till 3pm to move rooms.. she did this to put me off changing rooms.. but i had no choice. i needed a working shower and a safe lockable door. so we check out and come back. the next room was fine.

Breakfast.... we went down early-ish and got told to leave the breakfast area as it was too early, i'm talking 5 mins. all we wanted to do was sit and look at our maps to plan our day as you get no light in the dark depressing red rooms and the breakfast area is the only place to sit in the whole hotel.

the breakfast was fine, basic but i thought acceptable.

the location is amazing and we didn't spend to much time at the hotel. but please don't book this hotel, you will be bitterly disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank veritycdaveb
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I’m not sure where to begin so I’ll begin with the stars

* 1 star for location
* 1 star for some helpful staff

Absolutely unbelievable stay in the hotel... not in a good way. Our room was about €120/night during Carnival and the location is perfect. But I will only echo the already horrible reviews.

Our room was so small that we bumped into walls -
The bathroom door was broken (see picture attached)
No hairdryer when we arrived but the front desk clerk came and installed a new one
Absolutely no shower curtain or door with a spray hose handle making it a hysterical bathing experience
The breakfast was short and sweet and continental but the COFFEE in Italy!! Was disgusting... shame ~
While we were eating breakfast one morning, water came through a crack in the ceiling and spilled on the floor, the poor attendant slipped on it and almost fell
The hallways were not regulation lit for safety - see pictures below

Whatever maintenance or engineering staff they have - they are working Domani (tomorrow)

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, I would be too embarrassed. As a travel blogger, I was hoping to find a little gem with heart, instead I found an unpleasant experience to caution people against. Sometimes this happens.

Best of luck, I hope your staff and management looks into making a few changes.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Plus: if you're into it, the wild venetian ostentatious decor. Roll with that. It's half brothel/half vegas and if you just accept that as a plus, it's easier. The location's great, short walk to many shops and sights and to the vaporetto launches.

The downside: the vaguely weird-cold-indifferent response from the staff. Namely the woman at breakfast who huffily shoved a saucer at me for my coffee cup, ( didn't realize this was a terrible faux pas) and the odd "due on arrival" tourist tax that no one seemed to really know much about.

Good for budget.

But not accessible, no lift. We were at least on the first floor ( ie one floor up from ground).

Stayed: December 2017
2  Thank Tania M
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend booked us 3 nights at this “hotel” and while we had a fantastic time in Venice, the hotel did let us down:

1) The check in desk resembles an old school desk surrounded by tat.

2) The toilet in the room was no bigger than a storage cupboard. We could not sit down on the toilet properly because the room was too narrow.

3) The coffee at breakfast was the worst coffee I’ve ever had, and I’ve been to non league football match tea stands on a Sunday.

4) Outside our room there were piles and piles of sacks of unknown material.

5) They removed our toothbrushes and toothpaste?! We had to go out and buy new toothbrushes and toothpaste.

6) The double bed was two single beds pushed together. “Not unusual!” I hear you cry, but these beds weren’t the same size as one was significantly higher than the other.

7) The pillows felt like they were filled with wombats’ testicles.

8) Hidden tourist tax was added on at the end of our prepaid booking- not sure if this is typical for Venice but useful to know.

I haven’t included the hideous wallpaper and carpet because they were the least of our worries.

Overall we had a great time in Venice but in terms of value for money this was like paying €300 in a Michelin starred restaurant and being served a mouldy digestive biscuit.

Enjoy Venice, everyone!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Visited Alcyone Hotel for a short break and was disappointed with it. There is just a table at the end of a corridor that is reception, no lounge just a few chairs in a hallway, no bar or restaurant just a small breakfast room. The room was very small although clean, the bathroom was a joke long and narrow with wash basin, bidet toilet then a small shower crammed in, the bed was comfortable. The decor felt like a funeral parlour and not much day light came into the room. How this can be classed as a three star hotel I'll never know it's just a glorified b&b at best. The staff though we're pleasant and helpfull.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple