All reviewsroom sizes arecontinental breakfast was finerialto and st marks squarelobby areathe hotel is perfectly locatedyogurtstayed here for one nightpiazza san marcofew minutes walksmall canalmeats
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I booked 3 nights in October for €160/night for a double room. As we arrived, we were given a super-small room with just a double bed and like 30cm on 2 sides of the bed. You can't even open the door all way, and if you have 1 piece of luggage, you need to walk on the bed to get from side to side of the room.
I asked the receptionist for a normal size room and was ready to pay more for a bigger room. She said the hotel is full but tomorrow they change my room.
The day after, they gave me a "bigger" room with 30cm on 3 sides of the bed!
I asked for refund for the next 2 nights, so I can go to a real hotel, but they said they don't give refunds.
They do have better rooms as I saw some normal size rooms while they were open being cleaned (the ones they put in the photos). But the others have been split in two.
Besides, rooms need some real maintenance. The A/c looks like it has never been cleaned. Chair was broken. Drawer had only 1 side and no back, wardrobe shelf was only hanging from 1 side so can't be used. While nails holding a big mirror were protruding from the wardrobe (see photos). Wifi is only available in the lobby.
The only good thing about the hotel is the location, but same street is full of hotels, so stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My sister and I have had an absolutely terrible experience with this hotel! And we have have not even arrived in Venice yet!!! Hotel Alcyone have cancelled our reservation a number of days ago billed us for it and not made any attempt to provide a refund. To add to this they have been most unhelpful and downright rude about the entire episode. Disgraceful behavior!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Avoid at all costs would not recommend them at all for a holiday. I'm very sorry I ever dealt with them. Really not customer friendly or helpful what so ever. An absolute nightmare from start to finish

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2017

A lovely spacious room, windows opening over small canal with gondolas going by, lovely Venetian decor, large double bed and a chaise lounge, staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was continental, and nice enough, although coffee was not brilliant. Location was perfect, just a few minutes walk to st marks square, or a few minutes the other way to Rialto bridge( good luck not getting lost) all part of the fun.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Great location but thats as far as it goes. The room very small. Bathroom extra small and shower recess is 70cm x 60cm. Very disappointing as the photos on the booking site does not depict the room. Chandelier was hanging from the ceiling by wires and was broken and very lopsided - the ceilings are low so a chandelier is not a good choice. The toilet seat would not stay up so has not been installed correctly. Pillows were stained and old looking. We met a couple who had paid extra - 200 euros per night - to get an upgrade. We paid that amount to and had one of their cheapest rooms on the third floor (no Lift). We both have bad backs and there is not a concierge available to help with luggage. Loved Venice to visit but the accommodation was dreadful and spoilt our stay

Room Tip: Contact the hotel to see what you're getting. Nothing like the photos on the booking site. Beware there is not a lift.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple