All reviews lobby area the hotel is perfectly located st marks square stayed here for one night piazza san marco few minutes walk small canal cereal
Reviewed 18 August 2009

My wife and I stayed here in July/Aug 2009. After reading some reviews we were a little nervous. But on arrival we were very impressed. The hotel has had a total refurb and it is location location. Just a view minutes walk to both Rialto and St Marco Square. Yes the rooms are small but hey this is Venice and all buildings are within the heritage of the area. No huge American style hotels.
Our double bedroom was beatifully furnished within the Venice tradition. the hotel was quiet despite being right amoungst all the action.
The continental breakfast included in the tariff was delicious and eating breakfast watching the Gondolas pass by the full glass window of the dining room was awesome.
Only 2 downsides. Hotel has no lifts so if you are on the 3rd floor a bit of a walk and the bathrooms while tasefully furnished are small. So if you are big, maybe this is not the hotel for you. But otherwise an excellent choice for Venice. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2009

First of all we wanted to have a room for non-smoker...we came in and it was totally stinky after cigaretes.Room and bathroom were absolutly too small ! You cant move comfortable. Shower was dirty. I think they didnt clean it after previous guests. Under the shower was a lot of hair. We were afraid to touch what ever. On the one of the pillows was an old blood...It was really disgusting....Something about service in this hotel? I think they dont care about guests comfort. Service is rude. A specially the blond recepcionist. She wanted that we will leave the hotel as fast as possible. She didnt say ''bye'' and nothing. Its also a problem to speak with them in english. For a breakfast we got many sweet things but just a few hum and cheese, and no fruits and no vegetables.
Pictures in internet dont tell a true about this hotel. So what can I say more? I would never recomend Alcyone Hotel!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2009

Despite advising the hotel of a late arrival, we were overbooked. It wasn't just us either, there were other people arriving at the same time in the same predicament. They put us in a sister hotel - the Belle Arti which was in a far less convenient location, and was terrible. The night manager was useless, as was the day manager the next morning - they were arrogant and smug, knowing that they had deliberately overbooked us in order to fill the Belle Arti. Their email confirmation for the Alcyone said " let us know if we can do anything to make your stay more comfortable" that's a joke. They didn't even offer to help us transfer to the Belle Arti, some 15 minutes away in a poor location. Smug and arrogant management - avoid all the hotels in this chain.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SidJamesUk
Reviewed 4 April 2009

It was 2 years ago I was in Venice and now that my associate is travelling there again I am prompted to write this brief review/warning. STAY AWAY. This is hotel HELL if ever there were such a thing. 1.Smell is terrible. 2.Room is small (and I live in Japan so I am used to small rooms)3.Shower was dirty, I think, because from what I recall, I did not use it (and yes, I bather regularly).4. And to top things off there were countless bugs in varying shapes, sizes and colors crawling from a hole above my bed. This was a nightmare. Could not have been worse.

So, just in case that was not clear - DO NOT STAY HERE. Please, for your own sake - stay away.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank losttravelerTokyo
Reviewed 1 April 2009

This without a doubt the Worst Hotel we ever stayed at.
The reception staff was extremely unfriendly.
The room was small, The bathroom was no larger than a closet
There was a very unpleasant odor.
The place was infested with bugs.
We visit Venice from time to time but will never again stay at this dump.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple