All reviews wifi connection was poor european continental breakfast breakfast was pretty basic lobby area st marks square short break stayed here for one night small hotel excellent location piazza san marco few minutes walk small canal
Reviewed 28 April 2009

Despite advising the hotel of a late arrival, we were overbooked. It wasn't just us either, there were other people arriving at the same time in the same predicament. They put us in a sister hotel - the Belle Arti which was in a far less convenient location, and was terrible. The night manager was useless, as was the day manager the next morning - they were arrogant and smug, knowing that they had deliberately overbooked us in order to fill the Belle Arti. Their email confirmation for the Alcyone said " let us know if we can do anything to make your stay more comfortable" that's a joke. They didn't even offer to help us transfer to the Belle Arti, some 15 minutes away in a poor location. Smug and arrogant management - avoid all the hotels in this chain.

Date of stay: April 2009
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SidJamesUk
Reviewed 4 April 2009

It was 2 years ago I was in Venice and now that my associate is travelling there again I am prompted to write this brief review/warning. STAY AWAY. This is hotel HELL if ever there were such a thing. 1.Smell is terrible. 2.Room is small (and I live in Japan so I am used to small rooms)3.Shower was dirty, I think, because from what I recall, I did not use it (and yes, I bather regularly).4. And to top things off there were countless bugs in varying shapes, sizes and colors crawling from a hole above my bed. This was a nightmare. Could not have been worse.

So, just in case that was not clear - DO NOT STAY HERE. Please, for your own sake - stay away.

Date of stay: June 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank losttravelerTokyo
Reviewed 1 April 2009

This without a doubt the Worst Hotel we ever stayed at.
The reception staff was extremely unfriendly.
The room was small, The bathroom was no larger than a closet
There was a very unpleasant odor.
The place was infested with bugs.
We visit Venice from time to time but will never again stay at this dump.

Date of stay: November 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kats9
Reviewed 26 February 2009

with all due respect to previous reviews, please consider that this hotel has just re-opened after a complete refurbish. The location is the same (duh!) and it's just great: right by campo san luca, between rialto and san marco.

the rooms are quite small (as usual in venice), but everything is brand new, very nice and very clean. the picture on the site is the style of i think all the rooms: red and gold. three floors with no elevator. breakfast room quite small (can sit about 15 people). staff very friendly. I would recomend it without any doubt (if the elevator is not a factor) to anybody.

Date of stay: February 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2007

The location is superb. Very close to Rialto Bridge and not too far to walk to San Marco. It also have a direct airport shuttle boat from Rialto Pier (you have to buy the ticket on board; don't trust what it says on the sign). The area is surrounded by souvenir shops, high street brands and multi-culture food. Nevertheless, we stayed on the top floor (mind you, this hotel has no lift), and there was no heating system. It was so freezing in the room. Regardless of the heating, the room was unbelievably clean and suit the budget.

Date of stay: October 2007