All reviewsrialto bridgewater taxiquiet squarepastrieslovely hotelvenetian stylecold meatsbreakfast roomjunior suiteyour luggagevisit venicemarks squaresan marcogrand canalmapmarinellamaze
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I stayed at this hotel for my one night in Venice and thought it was quite a charming, and beautifully decorated hotel. The decor was fantastic both throughout the hotel and my room. My only complaint was that the bed was VERY firm and the sheets felt like they were like 20 thread - not very soft!

Outside of that, the location was fantastic and easy to get around everywhere. Roughly a 10 minute walk (assuming you don't get lost, which you will :), to all the main place like Rialto and the Grand Canal, as well as San Marco Piazza.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Everett W
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel! Got a nice and luxury room with fresh bathroom and beautiful purple room. Cute hotel and area in Venice! Breakfast was ok, wifi was slow and sometimes not connectable. If I ever visit Venice again, I will stay here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Cathy L
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Had one night stay with my wife. Arrived at 1.30pm by train. TripAdvisor review had information that watertaxi costs 70 Euro but some walking with luggage was needed. I had two heavy suitcases. I found porters in front of station. I hired one. Charges 40 Euro. He picked up our luggage and loaded his trolley. We walked for 20 min across 9 small bridges and were right in front of the hotel. The porter unloaded also. Saved us lots of physical trouble as walking in Venice is not smooth and one may have to carry luggage across the bridges. At the same time the porters who do hard work can earn some money.
Hotel reception were courteous and very helpful. There is a lift. Location is fantastic. All places are walking distance. Rooms are comfortable with air conditioning. No room service but they allowed us to take cups, plates hot water to our room from kitchen. Even allowed us to use microwave. Being vegetarian it was a boon.
Highly recommended for short comfortable stay. And don't forget to use porter service as watertaxi are expensive and neither pick you up nor drop you at hotel like the land taxis.
Enjoy your Venice trip.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vramteke
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Stayed in this hotel for a weekend and all I can say is good things. Very comfortable and cosy, nice staff, secure, cleaned. Very central too.

I don't know about other hotels in Venice, but this one offer rooms like you were in a palace. Very charming. Strongly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stayed for 1 night for our wedding anniversary. The location is very convenient. Most places are no more than 10 minutes walk.We caught the water bus from the airport to the Rialto Bridge stop and walked from there. Tip - print the walking instructions from Google maps. The room was large by European standards with wooden floors and fabric wall covering. There was a large bathroom with toilet, shower and bidet. Breakfast is buffet style and mainly continental with a few hot items. Strangely there are 2 breakfast rooms. One in an outside courtyard with a retracting roof, The other a room with outside access to the area shown in the hotel pictures. It is a converted monestary and is indeed a bit haphazard. In England we call that period charm. To counter some of the other reviews, there is a small lift. The staff we met were efficient although there were varying standards of English but even the worst was 10 times better than my Italian so I am not complaining. The hotel is expensive but not when compared to similar properties in central Venice. I would stay there again if I returned to Venice.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple