All reviews rooftop restaurant grand canal lagoon view water taxi perfect location corner room san giorgio maggiore mark's square lovely hotel pastries eggs and bacon st marks private boat top floor superior room doge's palace bridge of sighs
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I loved the location of this hotel! The view from the room was spectacular - the canal and lagoon! I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Beautifully decorated with Murano glass through out. Rooms were large than expected in the city (I was told that because of being on the island rooms in Venice would be very small) - as spacious as an other European hotel. I loved the roof top restaurant that had a view of the city. It is within walking distance of St. Mark's Square and the Doge Palace. The area is busy with tourists however, I felt very safe and had a wonderful experience. Love your hotel and city! Great friendly and helpful staff. Buffet breakfast was included - lots of hot and cold choices to make. I would definitely return to this hotel!

Room Tip: Large room with lots of luxury touches!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ncat2016
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Firstly I have to apologise for taking so long to write this review. We stayed for 5 nights in April as part of our honeymoon trip. The hotel were not aware we were on our honeymoon but we didnt need to as the location and views from the hotel meant our stay in Venice was truely memorable.

We stayed in a superior room (205) with fabulous views over the lagoon. We were able to sit and watch the world go by outside. The hotel is located a stone's throw from the San Zaccaria vaporretto stop which is an airport pickup stop. It took over an hour to get to/from the airport but it is the cheapest form of travel and because the hotel is so close to the waterstop it's very straightforward to use. The hotel is located on the waterfront so no side streets have to be navigated to get to it. At the airport their are self-service machines for buying tickets. These are a bit confusing. However walk on through arrivals and there is a manned desk which is more straightforward to get tickets from.

The room was a decent size, comfortable and immaculately clean. We didn't use the rooftop bar or restaurant but we enjoyed the breakfast. It was a typical Italian breakfast but they did have scrambled eggs and bacon. The cappucinos were delicious!

The hotel located a 5 minute walk from St Marks Square and close to the Doges Palace. We found that Venice is easily accessible on foot and a gondola ride is a must!

The only minor complaint we had was the noise from people walking on the ramps at the front of the hotel which had been constructed for the Venice marathon but hopefully these are only temporary.

We had a great time in Venice on our honeymoon and we plan to return to the Locanda Vivaldi in the future!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I recently stayed at the Hotel Locanda Vivaldi, If you are going to Venice it is a must stay hotel, The staff is over the top helpful professional and friendly. The room was spacious. It is the ideal location to look out your window to the lagoon, bridges, canals. 10 minute walk to St. Mark's Square, Doges Palace, clock tower. And best feature is the roof top restaurant with view of the city and Bellini"s

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Anne Marie P P
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We stayed in the 'princess apartment' a short walk from but maintained by the hotel. The rooms were lavishly decorated however there were a few minor hiccups but nothing to take away from our trip. WiFi was non existent although supposedly offered although we did not push for it to be fixed. Really good location near San Marco-Zaccaria and good links to the airport and surrounding islands. Pleasantly surprised to be offered a welcome Bellini/Prosecco on the terrace bar (No longer a surprise for you!)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank David_Glover
Robertino3, Direttore at Hotel Locanda Vivaldi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Buongiorno!

Thanks a lot for your very kind review!
I'm sorry the wifi was not working, but did you reported the issue to the front desk?

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again here in Venice, have a great day!!!

Roberto

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Very good location. Bad bits no wifi in room (room 106), and small room 10'x12' approx but great views nice decor and very convenient for public transport and getting around. Breakfast good. Would stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Buongiorno!

Thanks a lot for your very nice review, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us!
I'm sorry for the wifi, it should work perfectly in room 106, we will double check it.
And I'm sorry you found the room small. #106 is one of our best seller as it's in the corner of the building and it has 6 windows overlooking the lagoon and the small canal!!!
We do have also bigger rooms (Junior Suites and Suites).

I look forward to welcome you again here in Venice. Please remember that direct bookings are always more convenient: they are less expensive, more flexible and you get much better informations about what you are going to book. And you are also eligible to free upgrades , amenities and the use of our boat for your transfer!

Warmest regards,