1,545 results
All reviews club del doge grand canal acqua di parma riva bar prestige room spg platinum concierge team venetian room beautiful hotel worth the splurge marble bathroom water taxi watching the boats watching the world old world canal view beautiful room
Reviewed 6 May 2017

This is first class all the way. Room, sheets, pillow and towels are fantastic. Location is perfect, and the deck on the Grand canal is the best view in Venice. We are Starwood Platinum, so we had breakfast included. Sitting in the sun on the terrace was great, but I am glad I didn't pay 50Euros for the privilege. Drinks at night were also expensive, but were fantastic and well worth it. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I return.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were debating if we should stay here or not because how expensive the hotel is but we thought why not it's a once in a lifetime trip, when will we go back to Venice. I am so glad we made the decision... this hotel makes you feel so royal!!!! From the moment you walk in to the moment you check out!!!! My favorite part was the bathroom the Italian marble and Aqua de Parma products!!!! We had dinner one night at the restaurant and I must say we were unprepared and didn't realize it was a butler service type of restaurant. If your planning an amazing dinner for your loved one be sure to go there. This was well worth the money!!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
ExecOffice-HtlGritti, General Manager at The Gritti Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear Guest,

We are equally very glad you agreed to stay at our Gritti Palace and were happy with your choice!

Learning that your stay lived up to your expectations and we made you feel not only welcome but also “royal” is the greatest reward for us.

It is also a pleasure reading that your experience at our Club del Doge Restaurant was truly a surprise and thank you for recommending it.

We hope that you will reconsider your decision and come back to visit Venice and stay at The Gritti Palace… we will take good care of you and surprise you once more!

Best regards,

Paolo Lorenzoni

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Only stopped for cocktails in canopied bar while waiting for our gondola tour, but thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful views of the Grand canal and St Marks Square. The service was impeccable - and the cocktails delicious!

Stayed: October 2016
2  Thank thebusphoebeandme
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

No view in the world could be better than from the terrace of the Gritti Palace on the Grand Canal, Venice - plus 5* food and lovely staff. We had a wonderful lunch on a sunny day , watching the skilful gondoliers.
It was very, very special.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2017

My husband and I spent ten days in Venice during the 2016 Carnivale and the second half of our trip we spent at the Castello Suite (room 410-411) of the Gritti Palace. Until now, it is, in my opinion, the most elegant hotel I have ever stayed. This recently renovated palazzo of 15th century doge Andrea Gritti was Hemingway's "home in Venice". He described it "as the best hotel in the city of great hotels". Judging by hundreds of wall photos, its museum aura has drawn some of the world's celebrities, politicians and royal figures. Located along Grand Canal, it has a very easy and short access to AliLaguna and vaporetto stop, but also has a private dock in case you want to arrive in style on one of the gondolas or water-taxis. The suite was impeccably designed to resemble the time period when palace was built, every room and common space were tastefully decorated and adorned with gilt mirrors, the antiques, the hand painted 18th century-style furnishings and even Archimede Seguso's glass. My three favorite places were the black-marbled bathroom of our suite, the library and the deck with fantastic views of the canal. Staying at the Gritti Palace highlighted all the experiences of Venice, as every day, I woke up in a palace and felt both - like a Venetian and a Noble woman. Nothing can replace this feeling or add to it!

Room Tip: Castello Suite
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple