Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection
US$ 316
US$ 478
US$ 434
  • Breakfast included
HOTEL OLIMPIA Venice(Venice)(Great Value!)
US$ 417
Travelocity
US$ 622
Londra Palace
1,697 results
All reviewsfrench embassymarriott pointsorto stopwater taxibeautiful hotelprivate gardenoff the beaten pathminute walkfirst stopfree shuttlemurano glass chandeliersquiet neighborhoodformer palacethe hotel offersorange linehotel boatmark's square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had the pleasure of staying at the Boscolo from 3/31/18 until 4/4/18. We were using Marriott points and were initially uncertain about the location being a bit to far from things. However, as this was our fifth visit to Venice, it was nice to find a new neighborhood to explore. It was a 25 minute walk from the train station with at least a half a dozen bridges to cross. Fortunately, we packed light but the carryon sure took a beating. This is a very classy property with incredibly lush surroundings. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, almost to a fault. The lobby and salon were very pretty with lovely glass fixtures and dark wood panels. We were given a “garden room “ towards the lagoon side that was comfortable with a large firm bed. The bath was good with unusually thick towels. Our plan included the breakfast buffet. Quite a feast! Plenty of choices from cold to hot, meats, cheeses, pastries, bread, juices and unlimited prosecco. The only minus was the usual Marriott scrambled eggs. Made to order espressos and cappuccinos really made my day.
This was the quietest hotel I have ever stayed in on Venice. With the exception of some speedy motoscafatti, it was church quiet. Speaking of churches, the lovely C. Madonna della Orta was next door. We went their for mass on Easter Sunday and were the only tourists. The hotel has a water taxi that will take you to San Marco for free and other places for a nominal charge. Lastly, the vaporetto stop was also nearby, Orto.
Highly recommend the Boscolo Venezia.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank realmainiac
VeneziaManager, Guest Relations Manager at Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear realmainiac,
Thank you for you kind feedback.
We greatly appreciate your complimentary remarks regarding our staff’s performance and the hotel’s great location.
Please be assured that your return would be appreciated anytime.
Best Regards,

Gaia Enzo
Grand Hotel Dei Dogi

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a splurge for us this time to Venice and it was the perfect surprise for the family!

We didn't arrive until around 8pm, tired from the day of travel so we just wanted to throw our stuff in the room and have dinner. The check-in was quick and simple with Passports scanned quickly and then we were taken to our room with luggage to follow.

The room was a Junior Suite and ours had three windows overlooking the canal from the side of the building - gorgeous room! We asked about the roll-away bed and they assured us they would put one in the room. The concierge also recommended a local restaurant and made reservations for us while this was happening so we left right away... as the roll-away was being assembled. BTW, restaurant reservation was fairly expensive but we were ok with that as we planned part of our vacation allocated to eating our way through Italy but you might want to confirm price before asking for recommendations.

Having had viewed the photos of Junior Suites a million times due to the cost, I wasn't sure we had a Junior Suite so I did go down and ask, showing photos of what was represented vs what we got (looked like a Deluxe Comfort Room.) I was assured our room was designated a Junior Suite and the next day I could view the other rooms.

The next morning we had a tour so we were out most of the day and upon return around 4pm the manager called me to see if I still wanted to view the other Junior Suites and so I did. It was on a lower floor with the higher ceilings, wooden floors and slightly larger - exactly what you see in the website photos but we decided to stay where we were. We were settled, the room was really nice and well appointed with great views so we were happy. The point here is that the hotel takes customer satisfaction VERY seriously and they wanted to ensure we were 100% happy with our room. I thanked the front desk clerk who made sure the manager contacted me.

Part of the lobby and bar are converted into the breakfast room in the morning which is a great use of the common area in such a small hotel. You can order pancakes or eggs cooked to order as well as the buffet which was the constant here; we always left well satiated and ready to start our day.

The location is perfect, well off the tourist path which means it's QUIET - you can sleep with the windows open and not be woken by noise. You can walk 2 bridges and find restaurants and bars and people. The charm of being this far off the tourist path means better local restaurants and, sometimes better prices for those.

Don't forget to walk through the gardens - we waited until the last morning and sorry we did. There is a pier overlooking the water which is quite serene... and perfect for photos.

Room Tip: Not sure you can go wrong with a room here.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank EnchantingIreland

Dear EnchantingIreland,
Let us thank you for taking the time to post your review in this forum.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Boscolo Venezia highlighting the welcoming staff and managers.
We are very happy to hear you had a good time and you felt welcomed and well looked after.
Please aknowledge that, should you ever come back to Venice, we will be happy to welcome you with open arms.

Sincerely

Gaia Enzo,
Grand Hotel Dei Dogi

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First let me start off by saying the location is great, if you don’t mind walking. The hotel is located in a quiet area about a 15 minute walk from San Marco and the water taxi shuttle only runs limited hours, so if you don’t like to walk, this location may not be for you. My husband and I like to walk and enjoyed getting away from the bustle of San Marco.
The lobby is lovely, the room was ok, nothing spectacular but clean and had a Venetian feel to it, which we appreciated.
My biggest problem with this hotel was the rudeness of one of the front desk (female) staff. My husband has earned lifetime status in the Marriott rewards program because he chooses Marriott properties for all his business and our personal travel. Never have we been treated in this manner by any Marriott staff person. We were staying on points, but we had stayed the previous 4 nights on points at the Westin in Florence where the room was much nicer and the staff was incredible. The fact is, we can use points because he stays so often as a paying guest!
The male staffers were all helpful and polite; and honestly we would most likely choose this hotel again due to its great location and Venetian feel. Just don’t expect too much kindness from some of the female staff!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrishSetterMom
VeneziaManager, Front Office Manager at Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel.
On the other hand, it has come to my attention that the staff impression you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations.

In case your precious time allows I would be delighted to hear about the inconveniences you experienced as the staff attitude you mentioned is against our goal and we would like to make sure every request is treated with positive attitude only.
Please feel free to contact me via fo.manager@venezia.boscolo.com to discuss your concerns in detail.
Your feedback is very valuable for us and I hope you may consider it as one off and not reflective to our high quality of service we try to deliver every day and I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back and provide an exceptional hotel experience.

Barbara Ghea
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is in a wonderfully quiet suburb alongside a canal. As we were staying for a week our room was upgraded to a canal view. It was absolutely lovely staying there. The staff were so helpful, particularly the two ladies who oversaw breakfast.
The hotel offered a complimentary trip to the Murano glass factory and a shuttle boat to S. Marco square. We mostly walked into the centre but always had the shuttle as back up.

Room Tip: Breakfast could be a little busy if you went late in the morning. Going early meant a nice peaceful meal.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. ,
I am so happy your visit to Venice was such a success and that you so much enjoyed your stay at Boscolo Venezia Autograph Collection.
We are pleased that our services lived up to your expectations and could provide you an exceptional hotel experience.
We hope to have soon the chance to welcome you back to our property and our lovely city on water.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to our enchanting property
And grant our best regards,

Gaia Enzo
Boscolo Venezia Autograph Collection
reception@venezia.boscolo.com
+39 041 2208111

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed in this beautiful hotel for 4 nights in a deluxe comfort room.
From the moment we arrived and were checked in by Phillip and offered a glass of Prosseco we were made to feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble for their staff.
The hotel runs a boat to St Marks square 6 times a day and 2 back an absolute must an amazing experience.
Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice.
We also took a trip to Murano with the hotel boat to a Murano glass factory, so interesting to see the glass being made and no hard sell. They also bring you back to the hotel or drop you near St Marks Square.
Special mention has to go to Ivan, who sorted out a problem with my friends bracket she brought from the Marano factory and also managed to get me the earings I wished that I had bought whilst visiting the factory via whatsaping me and the factory.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
VeneziaManager, Manager at Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Gill R,
I am so happy your visit to Venice was such a success and that you so enjoyed your stay at Boscolo Venezia Autograph Collection.
All of our Staff love the work they do and it’s reflected in the very generous comments we get from our guests. I hope your return to our beautiful city, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,