1,799 results
All reviews accademia bridge san vio canal canal view water taxi the peggy guggenheim museum minute walk dorsoduro area small canal quiet side quiet area the hotel staff wonderful hotel vaporetto stop within easy walking distance pastries perfect location venetian style
Reviewed 17 September 2015

This hotel was conveniently located just a short walk from a vaporetto stop. Although it's a bit far from the main attractions in Venice, it's really not that much of a distance and you can enjoy being away from the crush of tourists closer to the Grand Canal or St. Mark's Square. The rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated. During the reservation process you can request for a single or double bed and I suggest requesting a room facing a canal, although the rooms on the interior aren't bad. The desk clerk was incredibly helpful and doubled as a bartender, serving drinks to us out on a terrace in the back of the hotel. The breakfasts have a wide selection of food.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2015

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough! When I booked it, I requested a room with a balcony and I got one with 3 balconies. They're small but each one offers a different view of a canal. The room is beautifully decorated and very clean. Because my original flight was cancelled at the last minute, I feared I'd be charged for the first night's stay that I missed due to the cancellation. Instead, the rate for the rest of my stay was only slightly higher than the special booking rate I originally got.

The hotel is within walking distance of everything but away from the crowds around St. Mark's Square. Such a lovely experience!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2015

I booked this hotel for a trip with my 3 sisters and my husband. My sisters had a room in the main hotel and my husband and I had a room in the annex. Everyone was delighted with their room as the girls had a balcony and we had a little courtyard accessible from our room. The staff were helpful and charming and the breakfast was beautifully presented and had everything you would have expected from a continental dining experience. The location of the hotel was in the Academia area of the city and wonderfully quiet at night. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Room tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel overlook one of the canals and have balconys
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jean A
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Going to Venice in early September during the Biennale Film Festival and Regata Storica without a reservation turned out more than a bit naive. All the more was I lucky when, after a search of more than two hours and inquiring at 25 or 30 hotels I found an excellent and quiet room at the Hotel American Dinesen. It is located right at a picturesque canal in the neighbourhood of Dorsoduro, a very beautiful and comparatively less commercial part of Venice. I was assigned a very modern, comfortable, super-clean and spacious room on two levels in the neighbour building. The bathroom was top-notch with shiny marble tiles and up-to-date fixtures.
The breakfast was one of the two best I had during my trip in Italy: excellent pastry and hot chocolate, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cerial and many other items.
All in all, my experience was very positive from the first minute till check-out.

1  Thank RichardMainz_Germany
Reviewed 7 September 2015

The front desk is very friendly and accommodating with booking cabs, or giving tips for restaurants.

The rooms were very nice, and more spacious than your standard Europe hotel.

The breakfast was less than average, but this is also standard across Europe.

It is a smaller hotel, so they stick very tightly to their cancellation policy. The Front Desk gives you a key when you check in instead of car. Before you leave the hotel at any point, you need to turn it in. This was a little annoying, but I guess understandable as this helps them keep track of the guests.

Date of stay: July 2015