“Very nice and very good location!”
Review of Kette Hotel

Kette Hotel
Ranked #120 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Very near Piazza San Marco. Nice and clean. Service was good. For a Venice first timer it will be tricky to find, but once you are there you will navigate easily. It is a small hotel, so for you not to feel claustrophobic (as I saw on some reviews) make sure to request a room with canal view. I always recomend breakfast included, so I will say about the breakfast that it was ok..it did not have a wow! Factor but will do untill lunch.

Room Tip: Request the canal view and enjoy the gondolas and the lous Oh! Sole mio! as they pass by...you will...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ingridpereyra
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Very central and only 500m to St Mark's Square. Stayed end of March so got a great deal on hotel and excellent dry weather. Only criticism would be the restaurant for breakfast is tight and very warm and humid. Take advantage of the free water taxi out to Murano - don't buy in factory as cheaper outside - then get water bus back 7 euros.

Room Tip: Venice itself is very very expensive - limit your time here cramming every minute with sightseeing...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael g
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I arrived back today from a 3 nights stay at the Kette Hotel, Venice. I couldn't wait to put my review on here!
I've read some negative reviews about it and was a little wary as for some silly reason I believe the negative above the positive and all I can say is IGNORE THE SILLY NEGATIVE REVIEWS!
Myself and partner flew with Jet 2 holidays and they were superb, easy check in with efficient friendly staff and the same with the cabin crew.
Upon arriving in Venice we opted for the water bus, NOT WATER TAXI! It will cost you 25e for a return trip, better than 100e for a one way ride on a water taxi! The only down side is the water bus does take over an hour.
Upon arriving at San Marco water stop you turned left, walked over a bridge and the hotel is there, literally less than 5 mins walk. The location is amazing.
Check in was quick and friendly greetings by staff. We were told we had been given a free upgrade to a canal view (room 134) the room was spotless, lovely comfortable bed and canal view and a very modern bathroom with good shower.
Keeping with the hotel, we were bed & breakfast. I'm not one for continental breakfast and suppose I'm a typical Brit with bacon and egg! I've got to say that I've never had such wonderful breakfasts. Plenty of cold meats to choose from, cheese, cereal, boiled eggs and croissants. (I've never had croissants so tasty!) the coffee was also excellent and plenty of it. I've no idea why people moaned about the breakfast here. I can agree that the dining room is small and if u go for breakfast anytime after 9am, u may have to wait a very short time for a table and it does get crowded around the serving/seating area, but it's certainly nothing to moan about!
The staff are very efficient and keep you topped up with coffee and juices.
Some people have moaned about 'a heavy key fob!' yes it is heavy but why the hell are you carrying it around with you??? Leave it at reception when you go out and collect it when u return like we did! Your room is safe and noones going to go in, if your worried then use the room safe! The staff were friendly, not over friendly but would more say polite.
The only issue I had was that a lot of Italians were extremely rude when out and about and would simply shove you out of the way to get past, along with a lot of very rude French people we encountered!
The location of this hotel is superb and I would definitely go back to Venice and wouldn't hesitate staying at the Kette Hotel again. It's superb location and value for money made it an amazing trip!
In relation to Venice itself, I loved it. Yeah it will cost you £28 for 2 coffees in St Marks square but u expect that, also, when u sit at a table in the square, you will be charged 5.70e each for when the orchestra plays!!! This is before you even place your order! Venice I expensive but not as bad as I expected.
All in all, a superb 4 day break and loved every minute of it. Enjoy your stay and feel free to message me if u want any tips or advice!

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank tofty75
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I spent a long weekend here with my mum and my husband in March 2012 and we loved the hotel!

All the staff were helpful, professional and attentive, they spoke good English (sadly our Italian wasn't up to much!). The foyer looked very grand and the rooms were lovely, clean and decorated in a lovely venetian style with grand light fittings and lovely mirrors and pictures. We requested a canal view and it was lovely to open the windows every morning to see boats going past (and hear the gondeliers singing!)

The location was fab. 3 mins away from the Vaporetti stop, next to St Mark's Square and in the heart of San Marco.

Don't expect a big fancy breakfast though! I'm not a big breakfast eater so I was happy with a bowl of cereal and a piece of fruit however my Mum and Husband were slightly disappointed with the choice and quality of the continental breakfast. There was lots there, eggs, meat, cheese, pastries, fruit, jams, yogurts, cereal etc but a few things including the coffee didn't taste very nice! As it was included in the cost of the hotel though you can't really complain and they definitely didn't go hungry!

The breakfast room is also tiny considering the size of the hotel so it's generally best to get down to breakfast by 8am. We turned up at 9.15 on the last day and had to wait in a 5-10 minute queue. The staff were working flat out to get everyone in and out quickly though and the service was excellent.

You can purchase wifi at the hotel which worked well and there is a PC with printer that you can use for printing boarding passes if you pay 2 euros to use it for 30 mins.

Overall we were extremely happy with our choice of hotel and would recommend Kette to anyone looking for an elegant hotel with good location and helpful staff at a reasonable price!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mrs_Ramjam
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The kette was a lovely Venice hotel. Very pricey!!! But isn't everything in Venice??

I found the fact that you pay over $300 a night but aren't offered decent maps or complementary water taxi to the train station SHOCKING. They expect you to pay over $100 for one way to the station. Seriously. (note you can hop on a water bus for about $6 a person at a close by square- but they won't tell you that)

I did find it to be a very nice hotel overall.

Don't rely on staff to help you find your way around or openly chit chat or anything. The map provided is worse than having no map at all. (but Venice is a maze itself so you will get lost no matter what)

Don't get me wrong- I liked it. But the only way to really describe it is "uppity" or "snotty".

Lovely bathrooms - large and almost American (which is very hard to come by in Europe).

• Stayed: March 2012