my partner & I have just returned from 5 days at this hotel.
The location in Venice could not be better.
It was our first time in venice and we fell in love.
The hotel is smart, clean with helpful staff.
We arrived at the airport and used the arrival information from the hotels website to transfer across to venice and locate the hotel, walking up to the hotel from St Marks square was easy enough although we did have to ask directions a couple of times.
Check in was smooth and we were more than happy with the room.
Breakfast offered a good selection. Sometimes there was a short wait for a table at breakfast but the staff responsible for finding you a table were helpful and polite and I felt frustrated for them at times when people got cross about having to wait.
we didnt eat dinner in the restaurant because we were to busy enjoying all the other food on offer but the menu looked good and the price was competative to other "posher" restaurants near by.
I can't find a bad word to say about venice, I am glad we managed to get there without the kids, it is an adult holiday and would be expensive with kids in tow.
We walked miles, enjoyed a late night gondola, shopped, ate, discovered prosecco and the highlight for the mr was leaving James Bond style in a watertaxi, straight out of the hotel into a speed boat.
Would loive to go again & wouldnt hesitate to stay at this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Splendid Venice hotel is based in the historic centre of Venice, with the city's must-see sights and hidden treasures all within your reach. Just a short stroll or gondola ride will take you to Venice's most iconic sights: San Marco square and the Rialto Bridge. Like the city itself, our 165 rooms and suites are a mixture of styles, but all capture the essence of a romantic Venice holiday. Blending contemporary comforts with details that reflect classic Venetian character, each room has a light, elegant atmosphere, with many offering wonderful views over canals and the Venice skyline with its magnificent San Marco's bell tower in the horizon. Le Maschere at the Splendid Venice is one of the few restaurants near San Marco Square that is popular with Venetians and tourists alike. This authentic Venetian restaurant serves classic dishes with a modern twist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starhotels Splendid Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Splendid Venice Hotel Venice
- Starhotels Splendid Hotel Venice
- Venice Starhotels Splendid Hotel
- Starhotel Splendid Venice