“Nice”

The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice
Ranked #99 of 385 Hotels in Venice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We were recently in Venice over the Easter Holiday and stayed at the Europa Regina. It's a great location, right on the Grand Canal and just minutes from St. Mark's. However the rooms are pretty average decor-wise, if not a little spartan, and if you do not get a rennovated room -- YIKES! I will say our room was quite large, which was surprising, and very clean. We had drinks one evening in the bar. It was ridiculously expensive, but so is everything in Venice. The staff here were "ok." I expected better service from a Westin, but then again, last time I was in Venice in 2010, I remember thinking no one was particularly friendly or service-oriented, unlike my experiences in Rome and Florence. All in all, this place was a solid 3.5. It was nice. I think if I go back, I'd stay at the Hilton. It's a bit less convenient since it's on the Giudecca, but the property itself is amazing and the rooms are gorgeous -- even a standard room. Also, the service at this property was absolutely impeccable. They even offer a free water shuttle.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice

Reviewed 25 April 2012

No air conditioning, rude and uncivil service, mediocre food, small rooms--Westin cannot be proud of this place. This is the worst hotel we have stayed in. The hotel is expensive and you may not even get the size and location and type of room you have paid for. The staff goes out of its way to be rude. Room cleaning is poor and turndown service is nonexistent. If you have a problem the telephone lines to the front desk or room service are always busy.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank cosmo144
europaregina, General Manager at The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Guest,
I am very sorry for this disappointing experience. This is certainly not the usual The Westin Europa & Regina standard. I would highly appreciate if you can get in touch with me directly in order for me to try and rectify this experience and perhaps change your perspective about our property. Please rest assured we are taking this matter extremely seriously as we always strive for service excellence. I do hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.
Best regards
Giuseppe de martino
General manager
The westin europa & regina
Venice

Reviewed 21 April 2012

The Westin Hotel Europa & Regina occupies a good location on the Grand Canal and is very convenient to sites and top notch shopping. Common areas of the hotel are very grand/oppulent, which is not my taste. However, I knew this going into our stay. Venice does not offer many options when it comes to contemporary design hotels, so we opted to stay at an SPG property. Our fifth floor room was clean and featured a large bathroom, balcony, and view of the Grand Canal -- which was great. While I only saw two rooms in the hotel, they do seem in need of refurbishment. The addition of WiFi in the rooms would be a plus. We had no issues with service, but nothing stood out. Drinks and food were on the expensive side, but so is Venice in general.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are nice, but beware of mosquitoes should you choose to sleep with the doors open.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank mjz_kc
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My wife and I wanted to have a romantic short break. No doubt Venice was the first destination to jump to our mind. Of course we wanted a Hotel to complement our romantic holiday. We searched the internet we red the available reviews we compared prices and finally we choose Westin hotel and Regina. Have to say apart from the location there is nothing much about this hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpful, but this you can get any where in Venice. Rooms were very clean, O.K. in size, but they do not worth the price we had paid.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adelalzayed
Reviewed 17 April 2012

To begin with, my husband and I stayed here on out honeymoon 15 years ago, and remember it as a fairly magical place. Boy have things changed. The rooms were unbearably hot with no way of shutting the blasting radiators off, and we were told that the air conditioning was shut off for maintenance " a week ago". They then proceeded to tell us NOT to open the windows because of mosquitoes. Well, long story short we had to crack it opened when my 9 year old became queasy and faint from the heat and his face and back are covered in bites. My husband then pointed out the dirty stained wall right above our headboard, which appeared to be dead, squashed and UNCLEANED bugs. Stained towels, crumbled bathroom fixtures, and on and on. Had we been back in the states we would have checked out immediately, but seeing as it was the last leg of a 10 day journey with our 2 young kids we sucked it up and counted down the minutes until our departure. I'm so sad to say this was beyond unacceptable and a real low point on an otherwise fantastic Italian vacation.

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank mnacc
europaregina, Manager at The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Guest,
It saddens us to read that you have had such a disappointing experience with The Westin Europa & Regina. We can guarantee you at The Westin Europa & Regina we strive to maintain and excel in our standards and please note that your comments have been passed to our team to assure this unfortunate experience will not occur again. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our hotel in a very near future to restore you faith in The Westin Europa & Regina by ensuring you receive a true Westin experience.
With kindest regards