2,521 results
All reviews train station grand canal water taxi luxury room people mover beautiful hotel minute walk cruise terminal small canal hotel restaurant our honeymoon convenient location breakfast buffet is venetian style easy access st marks canal view
Reviewed 2 July 2012

good hotel close to railway have to get bus to main sites. great big bed. breakfast is very good plenty of choice not the cheapest but worth the money

2  Thank paddycab
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The staff were great especially Dominic. The breakfast options are very good and made a good start to the day, the evening meal was even better. We found the whole hotel very elegant and our room and bar area nice and cool. After walking around Venice we loved sitting in the cool bar with a wine, so very Italian. If we went back to Venice we would book into this hotel again.

1  Thank Mick H
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Small room. Treated like unwelcome guests. Overpriced. Room didn't cool down sufficiently so we were hot. Really. Don't bother

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank Jackie L
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with all the Tripadvisor community.
Our Guest’s reviews are very important to us and all suggestions are welcome.
I am really sorry that the standard of our service fell short of your expectations and I kindly ask you to accept my most sincere apologies.
In order to further investigate about your stay I would like to ask you to contact me directly.
We hope to have the opportunity to regain your confidence and we’ll be looking forward to welcoming you back to our lovely city.

Kind regards

Pierpaolo Cocchi – General Manager

Reviewed 26 June 2012

This hotel has larger rooms than I expected to see in Venice. Clean, comfortable. Breakfast was extra but very nice - hot and cold buffet every morning, coffee etc included.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. It is in a quieter park of Venice but within walking distance to just about everything.

1  Thank JAFur12
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We loved this hotel. It was exactly what we wanted when we visited
Venice, meaning small, elegant and superbly staffed. The Papadopoli is all of those things and more, starting with a quiet yet convenient location that is an easy walk from the train station and smack in the middle of good restaurants and shopping. Our room was simply outstanding, equipped with a wonderful heavily marbled bathroom with modern features. The king-size bed was amazingly comfortable. The wall colors were rich and deep, giving the room a distinctly Italian flavor. The staff was friendly, well informed and unfailingly helpful. A desk clerk quickly told us where we could get my wife's sunglasses repaired and where we could buy super glue to repair my own. The small bar just off the lobby was very, very nice and relaxing. In short, this hotel was nothing short of perfect for my wife and me and we thoroughly enjoyed our three-night stay. If you want to truly experience Venice in a comfortable, very Italian manner, this hotel is for you.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple