“Stumbled upon a true gem!!”
Review of La Sofia

La Sofia
Ranked #166 of 1,101 Restaurants in Padua
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I'm beginning to think there's no bad pasta in Italy...that or I just really know how to pick a great spot. Here are my rules:

1. Menu must be in Italian
2. Bonus if it's handwritten
3. Never ever says "tourist menu"
4. Includes regional specialties, aka things you don't see everywhere in Italy

All that being said, Osteria La Sofia meets AND EXCEEDS all the requirements on my list. I had something delicious, though I couldn't exactly tell you what. I let my server pick the dish that best represents Padova and she described it as "long pasta with basil, small fish eggs and buffalo mozzarella." It was truly fantastic and it's pictured below. Enjoy!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I have been following the advancements of this nice restaurant for years. The level is always high and the customers are welcomed for a complete meal or a glass of wine. Close to the hospital and most of the university buildings is well suited for scientific exchanges. It is not uncommon to listen to various languages. The dealer will accomodate each one.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Stumbled across this restaurant as we were walking into the centre and Padua. It had a lovely atmosphere and the waitresses were very attentive- as we didn't understand the Italian menu they sent someone out from the kitchen to translate and talk us through every dish in the menu! As I am vegetarian they recommended what dishes I would like. We had starters and mains and all were delicious. We followed it up with deserts which were also amazing ! All together, 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 deserts, bread, bottled water and half a bottle of wine cost just over €50 which was excellent value for money. A really lovely relaxed evening.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Like others, we stumbled across La Sofia one day for lunch. It was almost empty, but for a few locals who obviously knew the waiters very well. The service was attentive, nothing fancy, and just what we needed. We enjoyed pasta with a duck ragu, which was quite excellent, and also a pasta with clams, which was outstanding. There is nothing pretentious about La Sofia, it just seems to be a welcoming local osteria. We, like others, would return often if we had the option.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

I wish this place were in my neighborhood! Laid back, friendly, unassuming place with very very good food and a staff that cares. You should order the eggplant parmagianno,( I did twice!) and enjoy their great wine selection. As an example of their caring -- we sat at a table close to the door and they shuffled tables around so we could be out of the cold. I loved this place and almost hate to recommend so as not to spoil with overcrowding. Oh yes, and great cakes for dessert!