“Good local dishes”

Ranked #38 of 1,122 Restaurants in Padua
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A restaurant is for us a meeting place, a place of stories, a "container" of welfare.
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Other reviews make out that this restaurant is a bit out of the way, but it's just a few steps down a side street off the piazza of the Duomo di Padova. It also seemed to be one of the few places open on a Monday evening!

We found friendly staff and good local cuisine at reasonable prices. I particularly liked the chicken in 'saor' starter, which is a sweet/sour sauce with raisins and pine nuts. Hubby wasn't too impressed with his chicken main course which he claimed wasn't hot throughout.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

The service was very accommodating and nice. The road leading to the restaurant was a bit abandoned looking but it may be the time of day and everything is closed but It’s not far from the main area. Bread was cut fresh in front of us but the taste is not to my liking and it’s hard. Very white bread like hard Cuban bread. The pasta dishes were very good. Not lots of overwhelming flavors like tourist restaurants but still tasty and I believe fresh enough but contained hot spots especially the tomatoes. I hope they would not use microwave to heat up the sauces but I’m afraid that’s how you get the hot spots. There is very little tiny pieces of fish in the pasta dishes. They also charge a cover charge of $2pp. Also keep in mind that it is a bit warm inside the restaurants. If you love the AC then you will be warm and this is Italy so they don’t serve ice with drinks. You can use the restroom and wash hands with cold water. That may help. trying one of the dessert next. Ricotta and chocolate cake.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I wish we visited this place sunner. It was our last day and we actualy wanted to go to the pizzeria next to this restaurant but they where close. So we dicided to go here.The food is amazing and the atmosphere.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018

A lovely family restaurant with a beautiful and cosy decoration, good music and an absolutely amazing menu!! It's not the typical touristic cuisine you find in every second restaurant but a selection of delicious Italian dishes with an original touch.
The quality of the ingredients couldn't be better either and the price is unexpectedly low for such good food!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Poor starter and the attention to detail too (I.e. frozen olives and low selection of cheese despite why was written in the menu).
Main course were good but the rest was average and not good value for money.
I strongly advice to go to more characteristic places in the city center of Padova.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Filippo F
Sandro B, Proprietario at Bacaro Padovano, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Mr. Filippo, when I brought the bill you made me your comments of the dinner, I listened carefully and respectfully, because the opinion of the customer is very important and helps us to improve ourselves. I thought we had clarified the problem but I was disappointed by you.

The title of your comment on TripAdvisor "Place to avoid" I dont find it constructive but it's offensive because you are publicly giving a bad advice to our customers instead of freely expressing your personal opinion.

So I add three of my personal opinions about what you wrote:
1): in our menu we dont have a selection of cheeses (you can check the menu, it is published on the website), but you ordered "Cold Meats with Cheese".
2): the cheese you ate was Asiago DOP, which I purchase directly from the producer, and it's one of the best cheeses typical of our region.
3): In the shops and restaurants there are no frozen olives, we serve them cold because they must be kept in the refrigerator.