All reviews small hotel three star tiny lift third floor bottle of red wine fresh fruit centrally located hotel bar next door minute walk staff was very friendly and helpful within walking distance each morning decent size the hotel staff excellent location hot water one night stay
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed a one night stay at this quaint hotel. My room was on the third floor, overlooking the street. Although the patrons of the two bars downstairs were quite loud, I slept in comfort.
The rooms are kept very clean and the shower has a good flow of hot water.
The breakfast which is served 7:30 to 10am has a nice spread of fresh pastries, eggs, local hams and cheese and cereal.
There is good coffee prepared the correct way (not a Nespresso) and served hot.
Lastly, I want to thank Samuel the daytime front desk manager who always had a smile and assisted me to navigate the streets and find the best local cheese shop.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank Oliveiro R
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We had a very pleasant stay. However, some of the rooms are very noisy, because they are located directly above a café in the street. This gives quite some noise till about 01.00. I turned on the ventilation in the bathroom to camouflage the noise. So if this generally bothers you, better ask for a room not on this side of the hotel.

Most of the hotel staff was very friendly and we got a bottle of red wine on each room the day before we left.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not located on the street side
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Albergo_Verdi, Reseption at Albergo Verdi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Mr Jasper
Thank you for your choice and your review. The historical center can be lively and vital even in the evening (and it is a part of the city charm). I'm sorry if it seemed excessive to you.
In any case, thank you for your suggestions and your appreciation for all the rest.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Excellent location in Padua - right in the heart of the city, 1/2 a block from some of the main squares. The staff was warm, welcoming and helpful. I had emailed them several questions prior to my visit - they answered promptly. The room is clean, well air conditioned. The breakfast was good - a good value for the cost of our stay. It's an above average 3 star hotel...in an older building....our room was simple but large. Would highly recommend it. We loved our stay in Padua.

Room Tip: Very helpful staff. There is an elevator for luggage.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Albergo_Verdi, reception at Albergo Verdi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

we are happy that you enjoyed the hotel and our service.
thanks in particular to the commendation.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

The hotel might not look like much but it was very good & was perfect for our needs! There is no elevator for people but they do have a small lift for the luggage. The staff was very friendly and helpful when asking for anything or asking directions. The rooms wasn't very big but it wasn't too small either. We were initially worried that the young people drinking at nearby cafes would be noisy & keep us awake, but that wasn't the case. Our room was on the backside away from the front street and noise wasn't an issue. The breakfast buffet was very good with the typical fruit, meat, cheeses & cereal. The Duomo was only a 5 min walk from the hotel while the Scrovegni Chapel was 10-15 min walk away. St Anthony's Basilica was a little farther- maybe 20-25 min walk. I would not hesitate to stay here if we return to Padua!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Albergo_Verdi, reception at Albergo Verdi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thanks Mr Tony.
We read with pleasure your review and we hope to see you soon again

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I stayed here for 2 nights while attending a conference at the university. The experience was very good - well informed and helpful reception staff. On the first night I was directed to an excellent restaurant for dinner.
The room was small - but well equipped and absolutely fine for a single traveller. The breakfast is varied - lovely fresh fruit, good breads and good coffee.
The best thing about the hotel is the location - right in the centre of the city and an easy walk to everywhere.
The bed was comfortable and the wifi worked fine. It was a little noisy in the evening, but it got quiet and didn't affect my sleep. The first night I was a little cold, but I found a blanket in the wardrobe, which I used on the second night.
Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Albergo_Verdi, reception at Albergo Verdi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Thanks Mrs Galway,
We are happy to have you hosted at Albergo Verdi and that you have been satisfied.