“Ok for a short stay”

Hotel Europa Padova
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Padua
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We stayed one night in Padova and for that purpose this hotel was OK. It's reasonably priced, quite well located (just 10 mins walk from the historic downtown) and the rooms are clean. The hotel is in the middle of some high-end businesses and the restaurant boasts a mentioning in the Michelin guide book, but overall it's an outdated place with a noisy and inefficient air conditioning and an indifferent atmosphere. The breakfast is OK and the railway station is a 15 minutes walk away so all in all I'd say this is a good place to stay if you don't want to pay much and are not planning to spend too much time in the hotel...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Putkiakseli

Reviewed 27 June 2010

We traveled by bus, and the hotel had parking right outside, to the great relief of our drivers. However, we were lucky, there was only one spot. Hotel is wonderfully located, ca. 15 minutes from the train station, ca. 5 minutes from the Scrovegni chapel, one street hidden from the main artery, and ca. 10 minutes from the main city square. Nevertheless,already the early morning traffic was rather bad, despite being a side street, and we had a hard time sleeping. But the rooms are very nice, the interior decor very tasty, breakfast is huge and delicious. Whereas we were at the first floor, facing the noisy street, some of our group members were on the 7th floor with a fabulous terrace overlooking the city. I would recommend you ask for those rooms. Clerks were efficient and spoke good English. Nothing wrong with this hotel. I would immediately opt for this one again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank aclassen
Reviewed 24 December 2009

The breakfast is very very poor, I still don't understand how can they call themselves a 4 star Hotel (I actually do work in one in London).
The room deco was orange throughout and shower space too small for an adult.
Air-conditioner way too noisy, but still didn't ask for my room to be changed as reception staff were so rude it had put me off asking.
When I have asked reception for taxis, the best they could do (4 star hotel!!) was to say: "there are no taxis now, wait". What about other companies, online services, shuttle?? They really didn't care. When I asked for my book to be extended at the reception desk for one more night, no information was given that the rate will cost more than double the one I was paying at that moment (something that needs to be mentioned don't you think?) . When questioned, Mr. ALESSANDRO BIANCHI at reception said that it was my fault 'cause I was not a "professional customer"!! Working in the Hotel industry myself I know the guest doesn't need to be professional, as it is my duty to help and inform them. Clearly not for them. Again when I asked for the manager's name another surprise: Mr. Bianchi turned around and asked his manager who was in their back office and asked : "Would you like to give them your name or not?"!!!!!
Then the manager said with a face that I can only describe as very annoyed :"yes , c'mon, give them". He was laughing at me saying: "You can complaint to the whole world, but you still need to pay us"?!.?! Very rude, his name was STEFANO GOTTANI, maybe the worst manager i have ever come across. From this you can clearly see what's their attitude towards guests....no respect. From giving informations to providing taxis, from the breakfast to the staff, the Hotel is terrible and I would not reccomend it to anyone. There are loads of other Hotels within walking distance that have a bettervalue for money.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank AntonioPiccoli
Reviewed 16 November 2009

I spent 3 nights in this hotel. It's 10 minutes (walking) from train station and 5 minutes from Caffe` Pedrocchi (city center). Very close to Eremitani's church and Scrovegni's chapel. It was recently remodeled. Rooms are basic and new. My room was spacious and quite. The bed was comfortable. Free internet in room. Breakfast was good. The hotel's restaurant (Restaurant Zaramella) is good as well (I had dinner there once).
Good quality/price ratio. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2009

The hotel is ideally located at the edge of the city centre, 2 tram stops away from the train station. The street it is in is quiet, and there is a trendy bar next to the hotel. You can take the tram to the main church (St Anthony) or walk to the shops.

The room was recently refurbished, and was well furnished. The only surprising thing was the balcony, which had no side walls so you could walk to another room's window. We ordered room service, which was very good.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple