“Top Class Pizza in the world”
Review of Sotto Zero

Sotto Zero
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We visited twice during our stay, must say it`samong the best 3 pizzaplaces I have visited in the world. Its a must if You are in Cervinia

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had dinner nf here one evening - and came back for pizza for lunch on two more days, because the pizza is really good.
The dinner included a cheese plate and carpaccio as starters. The cheese is great, but the mushroom topping on the carpaccio is not a good idea.
The pizzas here are very thin, large size, not overdoing the filling, keeping it simple and basic, but all with excellent raw materials and perfect balance... We tried a range of pizzas, capricciosa is brillant, deliziosa also, also had diavola, pizza pazza and a couple more - all top notch.
My wife had fish (sea bass, I think the called it - but it really looked like the Spanish "dorade" - either way, it was perfect!
We were suggested a red wine from Napoli area (28Eur) - that was a dissapointment, slightly corked (I'm sure they had changed it if we had complained...).
The interior is spacy, good light, nice. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Service initially a bit surly but warmed up. Reasonably priced. 5 of us split 3 pizzas and a salad which was plenty.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We arrived at this restaurant without booking a table and managed to get one for 2 people, despite the place being very busy at 6.30 pm. We thought that it must be good to be so busy that early in the evening. I chose to dine here after reading all the glowing reviews, especially regarding the pizza on TA - we were very disappointed as it was the worst meal we had during our stay in Cervinia.

Many reviewers described the pizza as "the best they'd ever had" - we ordered a Margarita pizza to share as a starter which on the menu was described as - tomato, mozzarella and basil (everyone knows what a Margarita pizza is - right?) when it was served it looked like it had come out of the freezer in Iceland, although I've never eaten a pizza from Iceland, it was not freshly made with fresh ingredients which is what we were expecting. Also there was no sign of the basil, so we asked our waiter where it was - he pointed to the tomato sauce and said it was "in there" - I think maybe we were expecting a bit too much to have fresh basil on the "best pizza". I looked in the tomato sauce to see if I could see any evidence of dried basil but could not see any at all. By this time my husband (who didn't want to dine there in the first place) was getting a bit cross. Our waiter did not seem to be able comprehend anything we asked, and I guess he was employed out of sympathy rather than for his competence.

We ordered a pasta ragu to share as a second course, which took ages to come - we had to ask twice if it was going to be served soon (we wanted to hurry up and get out of there). Eventually it was served - it was ok, quite bland and not very tasty. We ate it as fast as we could, paid our bill and left - I was banished from choosing any restaurants for the rest of our trip.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

A local told us that this place had the best pizza around. So glad we went because it was truly delicious! The staff is very friendly and felt like family. We loved the salads and especially the pizza. Thin crust pizza with fresh toppings.