Villa Eden Leading Park Retreat
Hotel Windsor(Merano)
US$ 190
US$ 213
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 236/night.

US$ 213
Hotel Adria(Merano)
US$ 250
US$ 245
US$ 280
Pension St. Urban(Merano)(Great Value!)
US$ 107
  • Pool
US$ 586
US$ 495
Relais & Châteaux
Garni Villa Betty(Merano)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
All reviewspersonal trainerangelikahealthmilanrechargetreatmentmountainsbalconytownspa
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Great hotel for relaxation and recreation. Perfectly balanced nutrition. Beautiful area lots of singing birds. I got a real pleasure Very helpful staff. 95% of customers repeat customers coming back again and again. Very nice center of the city.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2015

Have just returned from a week at Villa Eden. It was a really lovely week - you feel relaxed within hours of arrival and as soon as you look out on to the gorgeous mountain views. The place is very chilled and very unpretentious. When I arrived I thought it was all a bit kitsch but actually that's part of its charm. I had specifically wanted to go somewhere relaxed yet not necessarily uber modern but still with good options for exercise and spa treatments. This was that place. It wasn't busy at all which was actually quite nice. I don't think they are used to having many English speaking guests though - so not many of the staff (or guests!) spoke English. In part, I liked that as I was left alone with my thoughts - but at other times it was disappointing - say for example before or during treatments when you might want to discuss things with the therapist / ask more about what the treatment involved – and you couldn’t - or for example after a reflexology session when I would usually expect feedback on what, if anything, was picked up from that treatment - the therapist couldn't say much. Generally the treatments were lovely though and I didn’t regret forking out the extra money to experience the body clay treatment which they are famous for. It was great and a very unusual treatment. Would recommend.

I had a gorgeous room (with a great bathroom) and a lovely big balcony which seemed to get the sun all day which meant rather than sit by the (unheated) outdoor pool – I could relax and sunbathe on my balcony which was a treat! The morning walks I loved - a great way to start the day even at 7am and power walking past apple trees and vineyards, all against the gorgeous backdrop of mountains, was also a great way to clear your head. The personal trainer, Mirco, who has been working there for over 10 years (and did speak good English) was really superb and very knowledgeable. The morning walks with him were so enjoyable, the group classes great and the two personal training sessions I had with him were incredibly helpful.
There were only two exercise classes a day - one mid afternoon and one early evening. I think they could have offered one class late morning to break up the day more.

I was on the 1000 calorie a day menu plan and my main gripe with Villa Eden was that the food was very bland and just terribly boring. It made meal times a bit irritating because portions were tiny and other than some of the fish dishes and the salad bar at lunchtimes, most of the food, despite being nicely presented, was just totally tasteless. Breakfast was exactly the same every day too! Generally meals quickly became like Groundhog Day because each dish seemed same same just with a different name! There's no reason for this. Other spas I have been to offered a low calorie menu option but the food always tasted great and was always really inspiring - so to not have that same feeling here surprised me. By day 4 I was escaping into the town centre for ice cream! Also those on the low calorie menu plan were seated in a completely separate dining area as if we couldn't cope with even seeing the other food on offer. That too was a little strange though the area we sat in was intimate and tables were close together so easy to chat to people (well, to those who spoke English!). I liked that particularly given that they had no sharing table option. I did also find some of the waiters to be a bit aloof and they appeared to quite enjoy our reaction to the continual bland food that they were serving up!

The offer of a daily afternoon excursion was a nice touch. I only went on one but it was a great trip to Merano 2000 - taking a cable car up the mountain and then having a gorgeous and scenic walk back down. I loved that.

So all in all a lovely and relaxing week – and I feel very good after it - but it was a little boring at times and I did get a bit of cabin fever mid week. At least a quick taxi ride into the town allowed for a change of scene and a chance to wander round the shops - and sneak in some extra calories of course!

Would I go again? I'm not 100% sure. It was a lovely week in a gorgeous setting - and you're guaranteed to rest and relax - but the bland food and lack of English speakers amongst the staff may ultimately put me off another booking. We'll see!

Room Tip: The higher the room - the more likely the view will be even better.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
6  Thank Juliette B
Reviewed 12 August 2015

A lovely villa in a beautiful setting surrounded by snow clad mountains. Yet only a 10 minutes by foot from the center of Merano. The public rooms are very tastefully decorated and give an impression of being in a private house. I took all my meals at the hotel and found both the food and the service excellent. My room was spacious with a balcony and lovely views. Unfortunately I did not have the time to take a lot of the spa treatments but Angelika, the owner, was most helpful in her suggestions and Carmen is a great massage therapist. I have been to a lot of larger spas in Italy but none had the warmth and personal attention given at Villa Eden. As I promised Valentina the friendly & efficient front desk receptionist, I am most definitely coming back.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Marie G
Reviewed 16 July 2015

Location: The hotel is nestled in a beautiful part of Merano, away from the main stretch of shops and restaurants, but it's possible to walk into town. It took us around 20 minutes to walk into the heart of the town from the hotel. The scenery is to die for, so the time passes quickly and it really is a pleasant walk with an abundance of photo opportunities along the way.
Rooms: The hotel boasts some wonderful rooms. Ours was like a mini suite with a balcony which overlooked the mountains. It was extremely clean and bright and soundproofed which means you're not disturbed at all by other guests. The bathroom was extremely large with two showers and a bath and the air con was a blessing after days of near 40 degree heat!
Spa/swimming area: Sedate and beautiful! The area by the outdoor swimming pool makes you feel like you're in a section of heaven. The views are outstanding. The indoor spa area is small, but enough for the number of rooms and guests the hotel can accommodate. Again, this is kept beautifully clean and is spot on for a place to rest and relax.
Restaurant (Breakfast): We had the breakfast buffet every day and found the fruit to be fresh and abundant. There was little option for anything other than a healthy selection of fruit and cereals, but the fact the hotel encourages good health and being adds to the charm. (We visited in very high temperatures so the thought of a heavy, hot breakfast was not very appealing anyway!)
Staff: All the staff we met from the restaurant waiters/waitresses to the housekeeping, reception staff and even the owner, we found to be so warm and welcoming. A real lovely balance of friendly without being too intrusive while you rest and relax. In all my years of travel, I have to say the staff at this hotel were the most memorable and lovely. They deserve praise!
Overall: Absolute no hesitation in recommending this hotel. In fact, I've already recommended this to friends and family. It's the perfect place for relaxation, luxury and is in a superb location. I was actually sad to leave and hope one day I'll be lucky enough again to return...

Room Tip: The upper levels have the best views of the mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Minty2238
Reviewed 20 May 2015

The hotel and the garden is beautiful, everything is so clean. The staff is kind. The musician Norbert is perfect, and his repertoar is varied. The view from the room is spectecular. The location is good, the center is just 5 minutes, and also every attraction is close.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple