Aprile B&B
Average 3/5
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslovely roomthe heart of the citywalking distancecristinatorinograzie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Il palazzo é meraviglioso, si trova in una zona centralissima di Torino. Le stanze sono accoglienti, molto ben arredate e silenziose. La padrona di casa é una persona allegra, ospitale e divertente. Un soggiorno davvero incantevole

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 187791Paola29
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Breakfast was limited and rooms weren't to our taste. But otherwise fine.
Comfortable bed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2011

It was a wonderful place to be for our short stay. We really appreciated, conviviality, funny and friendly Cristina, the room was clean, nice view, decorated with sensitivity, situated in a few minutes from the historical center of Turino. The Breakfast café was really surprising and mystic!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fanchette2
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I Emailed the owner and made a reservation for specified dates which she confirmed. I then tried to add a day to my reservation and she did not reply for 3 days. Then she told me my original dates were no longer available. I was then stuck a week away from my travel date without a place to stay.

When I explained to her my situation she became extremely rude and said that "at least you won't be sleeping under a bridge".

I would avoid as there are other b&bs with pleasant hosts.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
9  Thank mwan1920
smallcristina, Proprietario at Aprile B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear guest, I remember you well and I'm so sorry you feel bitter about your unfortunate reservation.
As I had told you before in three differetn emails, I'm well aware that it was my responsability: I made a mistake, accepting your booking in a date that was already fully booked- I read my agenda and I misunderstood my handwriting (I confess, I still use a paper agenda, instead of some Excel file.. I'm so old fashioned).
I apologized already personally to you for my mistake. You know, we're a family-run bed and breakfast, and that means that I do most of the work myself, from booking to taking care of rooms, cleaning, organizing and welcoming my guests. Unfortunately mistakes happens, maybe when we're tired, or distracted by a butterfly passing trough the window..
As soon as I discovered -some days later, the little disaster I created in your schedule, I immediately wrote to you- and apologized. Obviously it did not reach you in the right manner, because I received a bitter answer and also yor bitter review you wrote here. In my attempt to not seem too dramatic, I hurt your feelings by joking with you, but I was sure, as I know my business, hat you would have plenty of time to find another accommodation. Your trip was not due for over two weeks: there the comment about being sure you would not hand up under a bridge. It was just a joke, but you took it terribly seriously.
I would like to make it up to you and I promise that I'll try to be more left-side-brained in the future. I believe that the capacity to make mistakes, correct them and take responsibility for them and have a laught together is also one of the reasons why we are always coming up first amongst yhe reviews.

----- Original Message -----

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Aprile is the perfect place to stay in Turin. Very comfortable apartments, there is all necessary, I felt myself like at home and did not want to leave. Very tasty breakfast is served in a very nice cafe neo head during all day, where we met a very hospitable owner Rosanna. Thank you very much to Christina, I spent a wonderful time in Aprile and I'll come back again, I hope very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends