“Comfortable experience with a wonderful host”
Review of Aprile B&B

Aprile B&B
Ranked #13 of 196 Turin B&B and Inns
Honolulu, HI
“Comfortable experience with a wonderful host”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

The hostess of Aprile, Cristina, makes the B&B terrific. She is so enthusiastic and warm, immediately making you feel welcome into her home. She was great about email correspondence from the beginning, answering our questions before we arrived. We stayed in a cute apartment with a lot of character--it's a nice way to experience Torino. It had a small kitchen, a small (but very clean and wonderfully decorated) bathroom, and our bed in a loft area with a sunlight! From our bed we could see stars at night and the tower of the Consolata church--amazing! There is no lift, but we had very little luggage so the stairs were fine for us. The neighborhood (Quadrilatero di Romano--the old Roman Quarter) is really medieval and has tons of character. It's an easy 5-10min walk to the center, including the beautiful cafes/shopping of Via Roma and Via Po. You are literally right around the corner to Bicerin cafe, which is a must. Also 2min away from the Cathedral housing the Shroud of Turin. Breakfast is included but at a cafe a short walk away--we had a nice caffe and brioche in the morning! Parking is a little tricky but do-able. There is free parking on the big street nearby: Regina Margherita, but it is a very crowded area, difficult to maneuver, and we did not want to worry about a car break-in (very typical anywhere in Italy when you park on the street). So we parked at the Piazza Emanuele Filiberto garage, which was 20euro/day and worth it. Super close to the B&B and nice to know it was covered and secure. Cristina really makes this B&B what it is--we were even invited into her home to meet her family and have caffe. Grazie!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ndmalia
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Il palazzo é meraviglioso, si trova in una zona centralissima di Torino. Le stanze sono accoglienti, molto ben arredate e silenziose. La padrona di casa é una persona allegra, ospitale e divertente. Un soggiorno davvero incantevole

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 187791Paola29
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Breakfast was limited and rooms weren't to our taste. But otherwise fine.
Comfortable bed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Sion, Switzerland
Reviewed 15 November 2011

It was a wonderful place to be for our short stay. We really appreciated, conviviality, funny and friendly Cristina, the room was clean, nice view, decorated with sensitivity, situated in a few minutes from the historical center of Turino. The Breakfast café was really surprising and mystic!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fanchette2
New York
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I Emailed the owner and made a reservation for specified dates which she confirmed. I then tried to add a day to my reservation and she did not reply for 3 days. Then she told me my original dates were no longer available. I was then stuck a week away from my travel date without a place to stay.

When I explained to her my situation she became extremely rude and said that "at least you won't be sleeping under a bridge".

I would avoid as there are other b&bs with pleasant hosts.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank mwan1920
smallcristina, Proprietario at Aprile B&B, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear guest, I remember you well and I'm so sorry you feel bitter about your unfortunate reservation.
As I had told you before in three differetn emails, I'm well aware that it was my responsability: I made a mistake, accepting your booking in a date that was already fully booked- I read my agenda and I misunderstood my handwriting (I confess, I still use a paper agenda, instead of some Excel file.. I'm so old fashioned).
I apologized already personally to you for my mistake. You know, we're a family-run bed and breakfast, and that means that I do most of the work myself, from booking to taking care of rooms, cleaning, organizing and welcoming my guests. Unfortunately mistakes happens, maybe when we're tired, or distracted by a butterfly passing trough the window..
As soon as I discovered -some days later, the little disaster I created in your schedule, I immediately wrote to you- and apologized. Obviously it did not reach you in the right manner, because I received a bitter answer and also yor bitter review you wrote here. In my attempt to not seem too dramatic, I hurt your feelings by joking with you, but I was sure, as I know my business, hat you would have plenty of time to find another accommodation. Your trip was not due for over two weeks: there the comment about being sure you would not hand up under a bridge. It was just a joke, but you took it terribly seriously.
I would like to make it up to you and I promise that I'll try to be more left-side-brained in the future. I believe that the capacity to make mistakes, correct them and take responsibility for them and have a laught together is also one of the reasons why we are always coming up first amongst yhe reviews.

----- Original Message -----