1,185 results
All reviewshigh ceilingsshopping mallfood hallfloor to ceiling windowsfiat carmodern architecturerenzo pianocool hotellarge mallcity centretest track on the roofrace trackfood marketmetro stopsame buildingautomobile museumhotel is located
Reviewed 13 August 2018

I am a HHONORS Diamond Elite Member and had booked the room nearly 6 months in advance for a two night stay for a stop in Turin when returning home by car from a holiday in Southern Italy.

As always, I had put a special request during booking to have an extra bed in the room for my 9 year old daughter (in most other Hilton Group hotels this request is always accommodated). When arriving rather late in the evening, I was therefore surprised when the check-inn person told me that there is no extra bed in the room. When asking why the hotel did not accommodate my request, the check in person told me that the hotel never reads the special requests made during booking... I found this very unprofessional in particular since I am Diamond Elite Member. After complaining, the hotel looked for a family room and found one but unfortunately it was on the third floor whereas my HHONORS preference is for a low floor (and the higher floors of this hotel are problematic for persons with vertigo). So this hotel really needs to do something to accommodate special requests and preferences from its most loyal customers.

The room itself was comfortable. However the curtains do not provide enough light isolation so expect to wake up early in particular during the summer months.

Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice.

The hotel has a free outdoor parking but when it is busy finding a parking spot in front of the hotel can be problematic.

There is a metro-stop within walking distance with a direct line (5 stops) to the center of Turin.

The price was competitive as well.

All in all not a very bad hotel but it really needs to do something to better accommodate special requests from its most loyal customers/

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Hotel is next to disused Fiat Factory, an iconic building which now contains shopping malls and other hotels.

The hotel itself has a very modern feel with the rooms on four floors arranged around a central atrium.The room was clean and comfortable with everything you would expect from an up-market Hilton. WiFi worked well and there was a large-screen multi-channel TV in the room.

Check-in was friendly, efficient and helpful.

The breakfast was good with lots of choice of both hot and cold food, although there were times when the waiting staff seemed more intent on their own conversations rather than attending to customers.

Now to those directions .... I put the address of the hotel into my GPS and it brought me to the street that runs along the front of the old factory. There were no Hilton signs so after a couple of runs round the block I followed the signs to a different (NH?) hotel. I inquired at their reception and they gave me printed directions to Doubletree (I guess they get asked a lot). Directions involved going through a couple of barriers and a tunnel, but it worked out OK.

As a bonus there was plenty of free parking and access to and from the Autostrada was straightforward.

All in all a great choice of hotel if you do not need to be in the city centre and the room rates seem more than reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2018

This hotel is located right beside a former Fiat car factory in Turin, Italy and there's a rooftop test racetrack on the very top of the building! Don't count on great views of the city because the hotel is located on the far outskirts of town, but it's within a 10 minute walk to the nearest metro station, has a small supermarket attached, and is across the street from a giant Eataly food hall.

I booked this hotel because I'm a car lover and the thought of spending a few nights by a former car factory was a little thrilling. The hotel is very modern and sleek, with comfortable and spacious, light-filled rooms. The minimalist, industrial decor served the setting well. There's some of the original unique architecture that was retained too.

My only issue is that the hotel faces a busy train yard so sometimes there's some noise. I had to leave the window open because the room was too hot in the early Spring so I could hear much more than I bargained for.

I loved the free wi-fi and chocolate chip cookie upon check-in. There's a restaurant and bar on site, but I didn't visit either of those.

The hotel staff was lovely and welcoming, eager to offer help and give advice on the area. If you're looking for a place to stay that's in the heart of the city, this isn't it. There is little to see around the vicinity of the property. But it's located so close to public transport that it offers a welcome break from the main tourist areas.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I went thanks to my company that was hosting a event in the Lingotto Fiere right next to the hotel, the rooms are really great, and the breakfast is perfect. Probably go there from myself next time I visit Turin.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights. It was my first visit. Staff was very friendly and professional. Hotel lives to its name and it’s standard. We loved it’s high ceilings minimalist style which made it very professional. Breakfast was generous and care was taken to provide very fresh fruits every morning. The location is perfect.It is well served by train and bus service to town. We went as tourists and were happy to return to a quiet and nice surroundings. I would definitely return to this Hilton property and recommend it to those visiting Turin.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends