All reviews tiny room small hotel rail station breakfast room position airport beds bathroom centre
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Family weekend away to visit friends in Turin. Chose to stay in the Hotel Turino Porta Susa as it was close to the bus station and in a good location for accessing the turin and close to our friends place.

Anyway the hotel

I would describe the place as quaint. Its a lovely old building and it's got its quirks. It's on the second floor of a block. There is a large staircase leaving up 2 flights or there is a lift or what could be classed as half a lift. Very difficult to get in and out with cases and if like us you have a buggy then you issues. The buggy wouldn't roll into the life so had to be folded and carried in. Bit of a pain after a long day but manageable. That plus I'm 6ft 3 and Broad, had to turn to get in there door.
Anyway we were met at reception by lovely staff who took time to show us to the breakfast room and then to our room. The onset was very clean and tidy, well presented. It's a small hotel by the looks of it but clean and tidy none the less.
The room itself is amply size. Decent space, good size wardrobe, desk, chair but no drawers. No issue there. It was clean and tidy, well heated for the time of year and a nice feel about it.
The beds were a little uncomfortable to sleep on, but it's a hotel, nowhere can match your own bed. Spare pillows would have been nice, have to ask for those and again being a big guy i generally don't fit on hotel beds anyway. Being in the room next to the stairs you could here everything and if there way noise in corridor you heard it.
OK this is one of 2 reasons why this hotel only scores average for me. The bathroom. Don't get me wrong it was spotlessly clean which is a bonus but to actually fit it the shower you'd have to be a size 0. It was a corner opening cubicle and again turn sideways slide in, I could barely turn round and my shoulders touched the wall and the door at the same time. Note if you don't fit through the lift door you got no chance in the shower. The water ran hot and cold and if I tried to bend down to wash my feet I'd head but the door and turn the shower off. If you catch my drift. I'm not fat by any means just a big guy but if you are at all on the portly side you don't stand a chance. That annoyed me, and the toilet as well. It wasn't secured to the floor properly and it was turned at an angle so the seat didn't stay up. There was a bidet though. Quick tip, ditch the bidet and put the toilet straight. As I said was clean but poorly thought out.
Everything else about the room was fine
The other thing that made this average was the breakfast. I understand that this is a small hotel and the reception staff serve the breakfast and replenish the buffet but there wasn't exactly much of a choice. You pay for this along with your room and to be honest there wasn't much. I watched someone empty the meat tray without a thought, you get one person like this you've to wait for a refill. The staff do their best but when you have a hotel full it's not good. For the price we paid and it's not cheap by any means this was a let down.
In summary, if you plan to stay here for more then a few days prepare for a few elevator trips with cases. If you are a big person then you will struggle with the bathrooms and the beds. Oh note this was room 211. Might just be this room. There could have been more at breakfast. Little things let this place down but overall a pleasant stay. Ideally located and lovely staff.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2018

A very good place to stay, although rather basic as a "hotel". The place is a floor in a residential building, a bit hard to find. We passed by the door a couple to times till we realised what we are looking for! Staff was however very welcoming, room spacious and clean, bed comfortable (although it was two beds with a common sheet, which was a bit annoying) breakfast simple but good and abundant.Place is very simple so don't expect some luxury setup or go looking for the indoor pool!.Location was close to the metro, and also close to some of the main "Vias" for shopping. Maybe a bit far from the center for those who don't like to walk to much, but the metro gets you there in 5 mins! Public Airport bus stops you 5 mins walk away. Good restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed very peaceful even though it overlooks a main road.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mark V
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

All the staff were wonderful. From the time we arrived, to breakfast, and right through to checkout, they were so warm and friendly. Always doing what they could to ensure the highest service delivery. Although the accommodation is basic, for a weekend stay it was perfect. Rooms are cosy and accommodating. We'd be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony D
Reviewed 2 October 2017

The location of this hotel is why I chose it, and was not disappointed. Walking distance to many sights in the center.
The room I stayed in was clean, comfortable, with a spacey bathroom. The bathroom was impeccably clean, cosmetics were very high quality (includes a toothbrush and toothpaste!)
The building has a stylish elevator. Every staff member I encountered were friendly and helpful.
Extremely pleasant hotel. Would definitely stay again!

Aleksandra

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Aleksandra R
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Firstly I would like to thoroughly reccomend this hotel to anyone travelling to Turin, the staff make this Hotel special and I found them ALL very friendly,helpfull and accomodating.Thanks to all of you!
The area initially does not appear to be very pleasant, but we had no problems at all and the hotel was very secure and felt safe day and night.
The Hotel is perfectly located with a shuttle bus(30 minutes) directly from the airport to the main bus terminus and train station just 5 minutes walk away.An English type pub is based directly opposite and it is a very short walk to the centre and all Turin's main attractions, bars, restaurants etc.
The Hotel being new and opposite a Hotel with the same name was quite difficult to find, but once inside the somewhat dingy exterior it was well worth the search.
We were given a lovely room with a balcony adjacent to the breakfast room which was very large, spotlessly clean and very well equipped.
Breakfast was excellent with a wide, fresh selection that was constantly replenished and had a lovely terrace area to sit on and enjoy.
The only slight niggles I had was a large stain on the wall of the room which was unsightly(and would take little time to rectify) and the early start time of the cleaning/breakfast room staff which did cause corridor noise. BUT these did not detract from the overall experience of the trip.
I personally found Turin itself slightly underwhelming and soulless, the building facades and the extensive Graffiti do not help to promote the ambience in any shape or form. Though the day spent at the Basilica was a real treat and the views were amazing and worth the trip alone!

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter! Book directly with the Hotel to get the best price!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple