“Very bad restaurant! Bad hostess!”

Il Cavolo a Merenda
Ranked #16 of 364 Restaurants in Asti
Price range: US$ 17 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In a warmand welcoming enviroment, the host's hospytality and courtesy create the impression of being invited at an enjoyable family dinner. Cavolo is suitable for a romantic dinner, for a lunch with friends, for a business lunch or a company meeting. This "flexibility" makes the Cavolo a merenda an ideal place for every situation and moment!
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Whe worst restaurant in Asti! Hostess in restaurant was so rude! We waiting 20 min , when she can take the order, but she was standing near, doing nothing, and makes view that we not exist! And when we asked, "could you please take our order?"-she respond that she is very busy and don't have time to serve us. We left restaurant immediately!

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

It was a pity that I went here on the last night as I would have revisited for sure. The mid week activity was relatively busy and the service was excellent throughout. The owner came to our table explaining the specials of the day which outweighed the content of the menu. I had ravioli with tartufo shavings on top. To finish off I had a beast of a steak. It was simply mouthwatering. The deserts prepared by the owners sister were to die for. € 75 for two people was what we paid and I find that very reasonable for the quality and innovation in their menu.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank 298MarkW
Reviewed 4 September 2016

We stumbled across this place by accident when walking around Asti looking for somewhere for dinner. Definitely a good idea to reserve in advance, as the restaurant is quite small. In the summer, there a tables outside, and it's a lovely location to sit and have dinner - quiet, no traffic, beautiful surroundings.

The menu is not extensive, but the food is delicious and clearly prepared using fresh ingredients. I would definitely recommend taking one of the daily specials, as these are great, and you could see that most locals were opting for the specials.

I had round zucchini with poached egg and parmesan foam, and it was simply divine - I've been trying to recreate it myself ever since we ate at Il Cavolo a Merenda, but without success!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Nice location ,
Small and very comfortable if you like " home atmosphere ".

I suggest to call and take reservation in advance if you like invite some peoples : limitation to numbers of tables is the only limitation.

Very best regards.

Regards

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

Nice place ,
Nice Menu .
Not usual plates but using all local food .
It's possible to eat special plates not prepared in other restaurants in ASTI .

Negative pints :
Really difficult take a place if you don't take reservation .

Wine : not Many special brands but all local wine .

Nice presentation of plates and service very good.

Date of visit: August 2015