“Vegan Paradise”
Review of Joia

Joia
Reserve with
Joia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #207 of 9,162 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed 17 August 2016

A beautiful place for food enthusiasts. There is option of 4/5/6 course meal and an amazing collection of wines.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Vegetarian cuisine should not be bland. This restaurant and its inventive chef are a definite example. Joyful ambiance, courteous and professional staff, very good choice of wines, inventive food, elegant, aromatic and tasteful. In my opinion, one of the main reasons for such a success is the mix of fruits, vegetables, spices and not so many crude salads. Bravo the chef. A must go, and I am not a vegetarian at all!

Reviewed 17 July 2016

I was expected to be wowed by my dining experience at Joia but I was a bit underwhelmed...there was nothing wrong with the food or the service but the little touches were missing. I am appreciative that all the dishes were vegetarian as so many Michelin star restaurants make the vegetarian eater feel second best or you end up paying the same price as your meat or fish eater friends.

I managed to get a reservation for lunch and was seated at a table that I could see the kitchen team busy at work. The table and chair was too close to the wall and I did have difficulty getting into my seat.

I did have to wait a few minutes when I first arrived, I was five minutes early, and there wasn't really anywhere to wait.

There were many options available for lunch - two separate menus for lunch at 20 and 35 Euros which is very reasonable for a nice lunch. I opted for a more in-depth experience and ordered the eight course Emphasis on Nature tasting menu.

The dishes arrived in a pleasant time and were nice presented, although some were on the large size for a tasting menu; others were not as favourable as they could have been. The dishes were accompanied by an interesting array of wine and I started with an excellent glass of champagne.

I would return if I were in Milan again and hopefully be able to try some more favourable dishes of a different season.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

The world's only vegetarian Michelin star restaurant, and it deserves it. The food is fantastically, fantastically plated. Some of the most beautiful plating I have ever seen. Flavours are clean and dishes are creative. The highlight was the pea puree with shitake mushrooms in a broth. This dish was simply beautiful. The only reason I am not giving this restaurant 5 stars is because I am not vegetarian and happen to love meat/cheese and therefore this meal did not live up to other nonvegetarian Michelin star meals I have had. But as vegetarian cuisine is concerned this restaurant is really eye-opening. Superb restaurant

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend visited this great restaurant and tried the tasting menu with eight courses accompanied with three glasses of wine. Perfectly served and a very calm atmosphere. Friendly and professional staff. The food was very good and the restaurant is also worth a visit for non vegetarians. The price for two persons choosing tasting menus and wine was 260€ which is a lot, but then we tried a michelin vegetarian world class restaurant. Recommendable.

Been to Joia? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK