“Relaxing ambience and large comfortable rooms”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan
Ranked #44 of 428 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We bought a two night stay on an auction site for a bargain price so didn't have high expectations for this hotel. Expectations were exceeded and we really enjoyed our stay and would definately go back.
Our package included ' free upgrade to business class room on arrival, subject to availability". We asked if the upgrade was available at reception and the were upgraded. The room was large and comfortable, the bathroom alone was probably around 18m2 and had a large separate shower as well as a bath tub. The bed was large and had quality pillows and linen and the air conditioning worked well. The was a mini bar and free tea and coffee making facilities ( there was an espresso machine as well, only in Italy! ).
The gym was of a good size with quality equipment and good air conditioning. The pool was on the small side but was very warm and surrounded by nice sun loungers. Luckily for us, the pool was quiet and we had it to ourselves most of the time. There are separate mens and womens saunas and steam rooms ( most people would prefer this I guess but we would have liked to have been able to chat and pass the time together in the sauna ). Breakfast was served in the large restaurant and was excellent. We ate out so can't comment dining for dinner at this hotel.
If you want to be in the centre of Milan, then this hotel isn't for you. We took a tram into the centre( there's a stop 1 mins walk from the hotel ) which took about half an hour. We choose this to see more of the city but we could have got the train which would have been a lot quicker ( about 7 mins ). The hotel is in a quiet residential area and there's very little to do within walking distance. There is a convenience store and a great litte restaurant about 5 mins walk away and we ate there on both nights. We stayed in room 514 which we would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We spent 3 nights in mid May. There is a tram stop just outside the hotel but it takes almost 40 minutes to get to the city centre. The tram runs every 8 or 9 minutes and the journey is nice since you get to see a lot of the town.
The room was very nice, spacious, so was the bathroom, everything very clean, except for the wall-to-wall carpet, it really had some nasty spots. Electronic door works excellent, it indicates if you are in the room or if you wish not to be disturbed, so the chambermaid does not have to knock in the morning as in other hotels. Very convenient.
Be sure to bring your own shower cap, shoe-shine, cotton buds and other things you might need as the hotel does not provide any of these.
The restaurant has very friendly staff, both at the breakfast and at dinner times. Breakfast itself kind of average, the first morning, 20 minutes after eating scrambled eggs, me and my husband both got diarrhoea. Could have been coincidence, but we did not try these the next days. Dinner was excellent, service superb.
The Spa in the hotel was very good. The pool is very big with spacious whirlpool. The sauna and jacuzzi is separate for men and women, it is located in each changing rooms, so do not expect to join your husband there. Even though the Wellness part is very good, I have had a very unpleasant experience from there. Since the hotel does not provide bathrobes in your room, you have to go to these changing rooms and leave your clothes in a locker unless you want to wander through the corridores and the elevator in your swimsuit . Close to 11 p.m. when the pool closes, I came back to the changing rooms and when I was just about to take off my swimsuit, a man stepped from behind the wellness corner and told me that it was closed. I was shocked! You really do not epect such a thing in such a hotel. He had a badge "Security" on his suit. I told him I was aware of the time but I needed to take my clothes from the locker. I also asked him if it was common in this hotel that a man enters ladies´showers. He said "Sorry". When we were leaving the pool, another couple were still swimming. I would expect the security man to check the pool first, then tell the people in it to leave and check the showers 10 minutes later. Probably they could also find a chambermaid to check the ladies´shower before.
The staff at the reception was kind of strange. Absolutely not welcoming you. They showed no interest, no smile, simply, no emotion at all. I usually try to get some tips for what to see, where to go etc. but here, you had a feeling as if they were tired or what..I honestly do not know what was wrong with them. They sometimes did not even reply to our hello or goodbye, even though we were the only guests walking right infront of their noses.Were we bothering then or what..??

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice views
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore generale at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you review.

Your comments are much appreciate and will definetely follow the one that has somehow disturbed your stay, expecially the one with security and the attittude of the receptionist.

I do hope to welcome you back

With Kind Regards
Masssimo Supino
General Manger

Reviewed 6 May 2012

The hotel is good and offers what you expect for a Radisson Blu. It is however located far from downtown Milan and if you use taxis you may expect 20-24 euros for each trip. The rooms are modern equiped, but in my room I noticed a bathroom with very modern design, full of unpractical solutions: the tap was placed high over sink and you get wet and the shower of a big size is placed at 2 meters high. Only tall persons can avoid been showered when water is still cold! No shower caps around!
I noticed the efficiency of the receptionists and the speed they order taxis online with arrival in 2-4 minutes.

Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Location is a good twenty minutes taxi ride from the centre of town but nice large bedroom good size lounge, great bathroom, good breakfast, only one complaint the bar closed at midnight with at least 12 people still wanting a drink but the barman seemed more interested in meeting up with a couple of customers (female) that he had guided to a near by local Bar, otherwise I would have given 5 stars.

Room Tip: All rooms on level four are very good
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Powtiger
Reviewed 4 May 2012

very good hotel, biggest problem was the location.

things liked about the hotel:
-the walk in shower
-amazing restaurant. we ate there every day. amazing service. absolutely loved it.
-the amazing bartender, amazing personalty and very helpful. he gave us the best advice where to go and what to do. we watched as more and more hotel guests ask him for advice.
-i loved the bed, i just wanted to keep sleeping

things i didn't like:
-the location.
-the carpet needs changing.
-the internet wasn't working properly in my room. but in my friends room was fast and excellent. it disconnects from time to time. i called the reception and they transfer me to someone else who did help. but kept having the problem again and again. so i gave up using the internet in my room.
-the big picture of a white male figure statue in the room next to the bed. it made feel as if a ghost was standing next to the bed. very creepy.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business