“Christmas in Milan”

Ranked #195 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Florence, Italy
“Christmas in Milan”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

A 3-5 minutes walk from the Milan Central Station, easy to find, with english-speaking staffs and a great continental breakfast. Rooms are designed with typical Milanese concept, clean and spacious plus the free Internet wi-fi. The only problem we encountered is the room heating system that automatically shut down at mid-night which quite uncomfortable because december is really cold in milan. The rest are great!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank MigsDeManille
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I have just stayed SEVEN nights at the Hotel Mythos. I had the broom cupboard known as room 302. I had to be in Milan and everywhere decent was booked so I plumped for this based on it's location. It's only five hundred metres from Centrale, left at the beggars then straight past the massage parlours. I booked in on Saturday afternoon, struggled to the lift with my luggage (no porter) and then opened the single room. Just over three metres by two metres with a bathroom off. No kettle, Italian language TV programmes only and the safe was broken. There was wifi included in the rate. All very well at the usual 60 Euro per night rate but not when they are charging Euro 440 per night for the Wednesday and Thursday night. The bar remained closed all week, and looked as though it was closed all year. There was no restaurant and the breakfast on Sunday morning was extra (reduced from Euro 15 to Euro 8) but one experience was enough, I skipped the rest of the week. An all-time low in scrambled eggs and hostile service. How they have the sheer gall to charge anything above Euro 60 for this room is beyond me. Having paid up front on Booking.com and having had my credit card charged in full before I arrived, I had to like it or lump it. The only good thing was that the room was well cleaned every day so although everywhere was caught in a timewarp there were no cobwebs. At 60 Euros a night it's passable for a night's stay. At Euro 440 I was robbed in broad daylight. ps Did I mention the bath foam in the shower?

Room Tip: There were three of us - room 302, 303 and 401 - they were all terrible at the price we paid
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank FWTraveller

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Very convenient location, and reasonable price for Milan. A few good local cafe's nearby, and walking distance to Central Station. We stayed in a double room on the top floor with a huge balcony, the room and bathroom were very clean, the only qualm during the stay was the coldness off the night staff. The lady who checked us in earlier in the day was very welcoming and helpful.
All in all, I would certainly return.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Hampstead30
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Excellent hotel very close to the metro and the main train and bus station. We had a brilliant balcony in our room with perfect view of the New Year's fireworks. We had a complimentary miniture champagne. Nice clean rooms. Good breakfast variety. Some staff were abrupt and rude, otherwise, its a good hotel overall

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank littlepie
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Hotels in Milan are relatively expensive, which made me choose this "4-Star" hotel in the first place. What a mistake. 4 Stars was definitely on some scale unknown to anyone from outside that specific hotel.

The whole experience was literally scary! The hotel is so old and run down that it looks like it came out of a dracula movie. The elvator is the worst, really old, broken buttons, super scary ride up (elevator shakes and you feel like you're hanging in mid air).

The room was SO TINY that I took videos of it to show my friends: 3 steps long and 2 steps wide, I felt like I was sleeping in a confined cell. There is not much of a view because you're looking at the building itself and people living upstairs can literally look right into the room! (I was shocked when I realized).

Overall, I just needed to sleep there one night so I tried to take things in stride as much as I could; I just know for a fact I was really happy to leave!! Very unpleasant place and I won't go back there even if it was free.

The surrounding area was "Tourist-rip-off zone" where the local restaurant owners will make you pay an arm for a plate of pasta. So unfair that it enrages you! I walked away from that area because they were all as bad. Just a few minutes walk outside of the particular zone, food prices dropped considerably.

Room Tip: The area where Mythos is located is full of hotels much like it. Might as well get there first and o...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business