“Would stay again”

Ranked #35 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Calgary, Canada
“Would stay again”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week on business after it was recommended to me, and was very pleased. I found all of the staff to be very helpful, and the bar staff to be very friendly. Room was comfortable, bathroom very nice. I do have an issue with hotels that rip guests off for Internet, my only complaint really.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
, Responsabile reception at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear TheWinger,

Thank you very much for you kind comment and for choosing our hotel.

We are happy to know that all the staff has contributed to make your stay very pleasant. Our guests’ satisfaction is our mail goal!

Internet connection is available for free in the lobby both with your laptop and with our computers with printers in our business point located in the lobby as well. In the rooms the 24-hour wi-fi connection costs € 12 inclusive of 24/7 assistance and many interactive services such as on line international newspapers, radio, tv and chats.

Hoping to see you back at the Grand Visconti Palace.

Best Regards,

Yveline Corthier
Front Office Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Back to GVP again after a lovely visit in October last year. Once again Bernie and Antonella excelled with help and good advice. Cibi et Vino on Sunday first class, great wine. I'd say terrific wine in fact. Local Trattoria on Wednesday night was excellent. We would explore other local places to eat next time - and there will be a next time. But, and it is a big but, the game is up on the charge to use the hotel pool. I had a couple of hours on my own so I went for a swim. I suspected I may be charged and I'd brought a cap to wear. This has to change. UK hotels simply don't charge to do this and it really, really spoils GVP. Himself refused to go for a swim as a result, others said the same. The beauty spa staff were standing about with nothing to do. Perhaps if the whole SPA area for swimming was part of the deal, it would encourage more people to go and therefore you would discover the beauty spa. I would relocate the bar to somewhere more relaxing. It is practically in reception. On the whole, this is still our favourite hotel in Milan. Lovely gardens, near Lodi metro station and easy to get about. We always go over to the Park Hyatt for apperitivo which is fabulous and we know the bar staff there. We have also stayed there but feel GVP is better value by far.
I have read other guests talking about the spa charge and read responses about looking for offers etc. Honestly.... we don't have time to spend hours on line working out various offers. Visitors from the UK do not expect to pay for SPA access. Given the continual irritation this causes amongst guests, isn't it time to to stop it.? Sort out the rails access etc too.
We will return. We won't go near the pool if the charge remains. Great staff, Antonella was charming, even came to speak us when we came back form the Trattoria on wednesday night to find out how we got on. Reception staff and porter at the door, delightful. Guys , just remember that you don't know how much Italian I might have.. I did notice you laughing/commenting at my attempt to pronounce the station where the Malpensa express leaves from.. I know I got it wrong but wait until I'm out the door until you have a laugh about it !!!
See you again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking courtyard and the higher up the building the better.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Samploc,

We thank you very much for visiting Grand Visconti Palace again, as well as for the lovely description regarding our venue and our staff, your feed back is always very precious for us!

We have appreciated the suggestion you gave us and we will pass it on to our Management in order to put it in action as soon as possible.

Our bar is called “Vis à Vis” in order to allow the customers to stay "face to face" during a business meeting, leisure break or simply to relax after a busy working day not far from the centrepiece of the hotel. During summer time you can enjoy your drink or food ordered at the bar in our internal garden or participate at fabulous events such as our famous “Happy Hour”.

We apologise if some of our staff was apparently rude "laughing" at your help request; please be assured that our employees are accustomed to work in an always very friendly atmosphere and we regret if you may have misunderstood the hilarity with an attitude aimed at you. If so, we ask sincerely apologize!

Finally we want to thank you for the lovely words expresses to our attention, especially for Antonella…I am really proud to work with her…she is a very sweet heart!

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance or any suggestion you may have to improve our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards.

Bernie Gallotta
London
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Antonella Mecrani was a very engaging concierge that made my trip to Milan memorable by pointing out a couple of places near Porta Romana where only the Milanese hang out. The decorations and level of maintenance at the hotel were excellent and not over the top. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Yvl, Responsabile reception at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear CatB0y,

We thank you very much for the words you spent about our Hotel and our Concierge Antonella.
The quality and the improvement of the service is one of our priority, triyng to satisfy our guests every day.

We hope to have you again in our Hotel.

Kind regards,

Marco Talani
Front Desk
Dorset
Reviewed 7 June 2012

A good experience at this hotel. Booked a superior room via the hotels website one week prior to arriving. Got to the hotel quickly from Linate airport, check in was smooth and the room well presented. Nice and clean bathroom with the usual free amenities. Hotel is in a good location, close to business districts in the south of Milan, but only 4 subway stops from Duomo (the centre). Wouldn't recommend walking in to the centre, or for people who want a hotel 'in the thick of it' but if you are happy to take the subway then this hotel represents good quality at an attractive price.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear MMZZ,

we would like to thank you for giving us a good feed back about your stay with us, we did appreciate it! We advise you to have a look to our web site in order to find the best available deal, the most suitable to your needs. We have lately created some very interesting ones, we wish to welcome you back soon.

Kindest Regards

Antonella Mecrani
CASTLE HILL
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I chose this hotel for pool and sauna, and location close to metro. Very welcoming but very disappointed for a hotel of this class that I had to pay extra 10 euros for swimming as my room did not qualify? There were no handrails for pool big,or spa, (tiny), so awkward. Saunas good.Hotel atmosphere good, very helpful at front desk,good English, nice gardens, used internet easily. Breakfast good and plentiful.
Room very ornate, bed enormous and very comfortable. I also found the door to bathroom had to be kept shut as I could not turn off lights at night? Door banged into toilet. Plentiful towels and big bathrobe,lovely. Hotel map with in room guide would be helpful.

Room Tip: Noisy on street side but I liked the atmosphere.Courtyard rooms overlooking gardens would be lovely.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dear Marilyn 2012,

Dear Marilyn 2012,

we would like to thank you for your kind input. We are glad you have enjoyed mainly everything of the hotel. We like very much the advise about a little hotel plan with in room guide even thought we still prefer the personal touch and do our best to provide all our guests with the service of our Concierge & Guest Relations and front office staff, who are, all of the time, at our guests disposal for any assistance and queries. In any case all of the rooms are provided with a hotel directory, which is updated every year with the current hotel information.
Concerning the SPA, we are sorry about your disappointment, we always advise to look on the hotel web site to find the best solution to your needs, special offers including entrance to the Health Club are always available.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regards