Grand Visconti Palace
US$ 248
US$ 106
US$ 86
2,013 results
All reviewsbernie gallottalodi tibbswimming capswimming poolguest relationspresidential suitemetro stationyellow linelovely hotelcentre of milanporta romanalarge hotelsteam roomspa areaturn down servicelinate airportconcierge service
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Back to GVP again after a lovely visit in October last year. Once again Bernie and Antonella excelled with help and good advice. Cibi et Vino on Sunday first class, great wine. I'd say terrific wine in fact. Local Trattoria on Wednesday night was excellent. We would explore other local places to eat next time - and there will be a next time. But, and it is a big but, the game is up on the charge to use the hotel pool. I had a couple of hours on my own so I went for a swim. I suspected I may be charged and I'd brought a cap to wear. This has to change. UK hotels simply don't charge to do this and it really, really spoils GVP. Himself refused to go for a swim as a result, others said the same. The beauty spa staff were standing about with nothing to do. Perhaps if the whole SPA area for swimming was part of the deal, it would encourage more people to go and therefore you would discover the beauty spa. I would relocate the bar to somewhere more relaxing. It is practically in reception. On the whole, this is still our favourite hotel in Milan. Lovely gardens, near Lodi metro station and easy to get about. We always go over to the Park Hyatt for apperitivo which is fabulous and we know the bar staff there. We have also stayed there but feel GVP is better value by far.
I have read other guests talking about the spa charge and read responses about looking for offers etc. Honestly.... we don't have time to spend hours on line working out various offers. Visitors from the UK do not expect to pay for SPA access. Given the continual irritation this causes amongst guests, isn't it time to to stop it.? Sort out the rails access etc too.
We will return. We won't go near the pool if the charge remains. Great staff, Antonella was charming, even came to speak us when we came back form the Trattoria on wednesday night to find out how we got on. Reception staff and porter at the door, delightful. Guys , just remember that you don't know how much Italian I might have.. I did notice you laughing/commenting at my attempt to pronounce the station where the Malpensa express leaves from.. I know I got it wrong but wait until I'm out the door until you have a laugh about it !!!
See you again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking courtyard and the higher up the building the better.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Dear Samploc,

We thank you very much for visiting Grand Visconti Palace again, as well as for the lovely description regarding our venue and our staff, your feed back is always very precious for us!

We have appreciated the suggestion you gave us and we will pass it on to our Management in order to put it in action as soon as possible.

Our bar is called “Vis à Vis” in order to allow the customers to stay "face to face" during a business meeting, leisure break or simply to relax after a busy working day not far from the centrepiece of the hotel. During summer time you can enjoy your drink or food ordered at the bar in our internal garden or participate at fabulous events such as our famous “Happy Hour”.

We apologise if some of our staff was apparently rude "laughing" at your help request; please be assured that our employees are accustomed to work in an always very friendly atmosphere and we regret if you may have misunderstood the hilarity with an attitude aimed at you. If so, we ask sincerely apologize!

Finally we want to thank you for the lovely words expresses to our attention, especially for Antonella…I am really proud to work with her…she is a very sweet heart!

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance or any suggestion you may have to improve our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards.

Bernie Gallotta

Reviewed 8 June 2012

Antonella Mecrani was a very engaging concierge that made my trip to Milan memorable by pointing out a couple of places near Porta Romana where only the Milanese hang out. The decorations and level of maintenance at the hotel were excellent and not over the top. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Yvl, Responsabile reception at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear CatB0y,

We thank you very much for the words you spent about our Hotel and our Concierge Antonella.
The quality and the improvement of the service is one of our priority, triyng to satisfy our guests every day.

We hope to have you again in our Hotel.

Kind regards,

Marco Talani
Front Desk

Reviewed 7 June 2012

A good experience at this hotel. Booked a superior room via the hotels website one week prior to arriving. Got to the hotel quickly from Linate airport, check in was smooth and the room well presented. Nice and clean bathroom with the usual free amenities. Hotel is in a good location, close to business districts in the south of Milan, but only 4 subway stops from Duomo (the centre). Wouldn't recommend walking in to the centre, or for people who want a hotel 'in the thick of it' but if you are happy to take the subway then this hotel represents good quality at an attractive price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear MMZZ,

we would like to thank you for giving us a good feed back about your stay with us, we did appreciate it! We advise you to have a look to our web site in order to find the best available deal, the most suitable to your needs. We have lately created some very interesting ones, we wish to welcome you back soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 7 June 2012

I chose this hotel for pool and sauna, and location close to metro. Very welcoming but very disappointed for a hotel of this class that I had to pay extra 10 euros for swimming as my room did not qualify? There were no handrails for pool big,or spa, (tiny), so awkward. Saunas good.Hotel atmosphere good, very helpful at front desk,good English, nice gardens, used internet easily. Breakfast good and plentiful.
Room very ornate, bed enormous and very comfortable. I also found the door to bathroom had to be kept shut as I could not turn off lights at night? Door banged into toilet. Plentiful towels and big bathrobe,lovely. Hotel map with in room guide would be helpful.

Room Tip: Noisy on street side but I liked the atmosphere.Courtyard rooms overlooking gardens would be lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Dear Marilyn 2012,

Dear Marilyn 2012,

we would like to thank you for your kind input. We are glad you have enjoyed mainly everything of the hotel. We like very much the advise about a little hotel plan with in room guide even thought we still prefer the personal touch and do our best to provide all our guests with the service of our Concierge & Guest Relations and front office staff, who are, all of the time, at our guests disposal for any assistance and queries. In any case all of the rooms are provided with a hotel directory, which is updated every year with the current hotel information.
Concerning the SPA, we are sorry about your disappointment, we always advise to look on the hotel web site to find the best solution to your needs, special offers including entrance to the Health Club are always available.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regards

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I had read a lot of previous reviews and was a little anxious that this wouldnt be a great stay. We were here for a week.
Check in was quick friendly and efficient. We had read that Bernie the conceirge was stellar. Without wishing to rain on that parade, he was ok. It was obvious that he made the reservation for the restaurant WE had already chosen so that he would get a commission from Cibo e Vino.
Cibo e Vino had a special Osso bucco with a Saffron risotto at 25 euros - it was good though i did feel that the sauce the osso bucco was served in reminded me of pureed baby food.
Back to the hotel. The lobby was comfortable and visually impressive. For those there to use the free wifi you can ask for tickets/coupons of 30 min denominations at reception just ask for as many as you will need.
People have complained that the room was noisy at the street side. I wasnt bothered by the noise at all. If the window needed to be open at night it might have bothered you - AC was perfect for us so no need for window to be open during the night.
The bed was 9ft wide as 2 large singles were joined together - i found them comfortable my husband said a little too hard. Personal preference really. Bed linens comfortable nothing special but fine. Bathroom was fine - deep bath integrated shower - adequate counter space. Hairdryer attached to the wall was sensational (recent use in other hotels cruise ships have been lame) towels were huge bath sheets (which i love) Toiletries were their own - never keen on this but they were ok - shampoo, bath foam, body milk, face care pack with cleansing milk and toner, vanity kit with cotton pads earbuds and nail file, shower caps, small veg soap for hand basin. The bidet behind the bathroom door ( this was irritatingly located behind the bathroom door so the door banged ever time against it - seperate intimate wash and drying cloths for this. Towel drying rack useful in winter I am sure.
TV is a flat screen - 2 channels in English BBC world news and CNN european news all others in italian - well it is Italy. In room coffee , tea and beverages still has the individually wrapped cups - no biggie really. Lots of glasses and a mini bar with packs of M&M:s at 5 euros small pack - it would have to be an emergency at 3am that would get me to buy them but hey no different to any other mini bar in the world.
Wireless connection in the room was slow for me, my husband who was using it for business was very frustrated as it kept freezing and dropping out. I had no complaints about it.
The pool was 10 euros which includes the steam and sauna rooms located in the pool area. You do need a swim cap theirs cost 5 euros buy one before you get there. Pool is beautiful. Though not as beautiful as the garden which I adored...
Housekeeping were great you contacted them via reception. I requested extra hangers and they were brought up. Room was always left tidy, replenished and with a window propped open to let fresh air in. You need to put your key in a room slot to activate lights and power points.
Breakfast buffet was mini sausages, bacon and often unset under cooked scrambled eggs - juices, bottled waters. Freshfuits chopped in seperate bowls - tons of different pastries, cold meat, breads to toast, ready made [pancakes with syrup, cereals...and more...phew. A lot of choice - you need to be a little alert to get the interest of staff in bringing you coffee - cafe americano with milk will get you a two pot of coffee and a jug of hot milk...perfect.
The garden is beautiful I loved it! I would order coffee and water at the bar near reception and it would be served wherever i was with a plate of biscuits
This is a lovely 4 star hotel with very helpful, friendly, accomodating staff. Be polite and friendly and they will respond in kind. Act like an boor and they will probably give it back to you.
I would definately go back.

Room Tip: Higher is always better ask at check in , it cant hurt to ask
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kate2112
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear Kate2112,

thank you for your very detailed comment, we are sure this will be a great help to other travellers who will learn more about us.
The only thing we want to specify is Bernie’s devotion to our guests happiness and satisfaction, as well as for the rest of the staff. In fact we daily puts our best effort in order to meet our guests needs.
His intent was just making sure the restaurant people would recognize you as our dear guests and make sure they would do anything to accommodate you at their best, we are sorry this was misunderstood. Our motto is “service with friendliness” no other reasons move our willingness to provide you the famous Italian style service; professional, warm & familiar. We will be very happy to prove this again and have you back at Grand Visconti Palace.
We remain at your complete disposal for any assistance you may need.

Warmest Regards