“Lovely atmosphere, friendly and good italian food!”
Review of La Ricetta di Mame - CLOSED

La Ricetta di Mame
Price range: US$ 34 - US$ 60
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navigli
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Pre-booked this restaurant from the reviews on here and were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and were happy to translate the menu for us. The food was delicious and very italian with a little modern twist. I would recommend their house wine which was lovely! The meal was very reasonable - two of us had a starter, main, dessert each, a bottle of wine, prosecco each on arrival and bottled water all for 96 euros!

If you are thinking of going here I would recommend booking beforehand (we did on their website) as whilst we were in there people were turned away. Also, we booked for 8:30pm (this is actually quite early and the italians eat later) so if you like to be in a restaurant with a lot of people (like me) them I would say book for 9pm.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

last weekend, we had gorgeous meal in this fine restaurant
The place is a bit off the beaten track of the more touristy Navigli, yet well located (towards the end of Via Vigevano, near Porta Genova metro station, not far from the Navigli area and the Tortona area).
Service was very courteous & friendly. efficient and professional, there was a nice busy atmosphere, comfortable seating/table arrangements & cleanliness, convenience of facilities (cloakroom, bathroom).
They are righly proud of their restaurant and were keen to demonstrate their prowess in delivering their excellent dishes to each of us who had made different choices from starters to dessert, all of which turned out to be simply delicious.
We enjoyed a splendid evening, superb mediterranean food & wines, at very reasonable prices
Contributing also are the nice decor & lighting, pleasant background music, and, through a large window can see chef and kitchen staff as they prepare their masterpieces.
truly a pleasure and highly recommended !!!

Reviewed 2 December 2012

We were three people who came in at 7.30 without booking but were offered a table without a problem. All of us really enjoyed the meal. The service was helpful and friendly, the food was great. Relaxed atmosphere and my friends liked the music. It was great to see Italian produce done in a modern way. The ravioli was as good as i have had anywhere anytime. It was a wonderful dish, the best single dish I have eaten this year. I doubt if we will have pasta as good as this one for some time! The main course of zuchinni muffin was nice but a little too dense (heavy) if it had been lighter it would have been better but the taste was good. The small chocolate cake for dessert was again wonderful, it felt like a sin to eat it ;-) The chocolate just oozed out when you cut into it. Nice wine at very affordable .prices too. We paid 15 euros for a nice Nero D'avola. I would certainly want to visit this place again, next time I get to Milan. Well worth the walk from the city centre.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

Smart but unpretentious restaurant in the Navigli area. Modern open design. Friendly and helpful service and excellent food. Fantastic chocolate pudding! Try to get a table in the lower part of the restaurant. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

I came here for the first time this week with a group of 5 colleagues, and we will certainly come back. It's small, so you need to reserve, but the steaks and fish are very good, only surpassed by a gorgonzola and lemon risotto that I could eat again and again (and hopefully will)
The staff are friendly and welcoming, attentive without being too cloying, and as a bonus can speak English far better than I speak Italian