“Walking distance to "Milan FC Statione" Main train station”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Bolzano

Hotel Bolzano
Ranked #290 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Bergen, Norway
“Walking distance to "Milan FC Statione" Main train station”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

I have only stayed at Hotel Bolzano for one night. About 5 minutes walking distance to main train station. Room was plain but ok, a little noise from the street. Fair value for money. About 20 minutes walking distance to downtown, Milan Duomo and La Scala.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Odd_Bergen
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

Hotel Bolzano is great for the solo or budget traveller. 10 minutes walking distance from Milano Centrale. The staff were friendly and helpful, allowed us to leave our bags as we arrived earlier than check in time and provided great directions and instructions for the underground lines and city maps. The rooms are modest but clean. The hotel is quite small and doesnt have much of a view. The streets outside werent noisy and I had a good night sleep. A breakfast is available but there are also supermarkets close. For a 3 star hotel and at the rate the hotel provided a great service and I am now going back for a second visit.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Milan was the starting point for our short interrail trip.
We arrived by plane and then took the train from Malpensa airport to Milan’s Central station. I was impressed by the quality of the train that was operating as the Malpensa Express service, and by the train station itself as well. Everything was clean and there were signs all over the place guiding ignorant tourists to the right direction.
The hotel is situated just a block away from the railway station. As I had arrived at about 11 a.m. I had plenty of time for a short walk around the area before checking in, so I took my cabin luggage and went for a stroll. After an hour and a half of wandering around the streets, I have spotted several lovely restaurants and cafes that we could visit for breakfast or lunch the next day. By 1p.m. I was at the hotel, but the receptionist informed me that our room wasn’t ready yet and that I would have to wait till 2 p.m. to check in. I decided to sit in the lobby and read a bit about the city in my tour guide and so did a couple that arrived a few minutes later.
Finally there was time for check-in and the new receptionist that had just arrived was more than eager to help us with all the procedures and give me my room’s keys as fast as possible.
By 2.30 p.m. I was in my room, unpacking my suitcase and relaxing for a while. We had made a reservation for a triple room, as two friends of mine would be joining me later that afternoon, so it was quite spacious with three single beds and a spot to place suitcases and bags, exactly as we would expect it to be. From the window you could see the hotel’s back yard, and I was surprised to find out that the bathroom had a small window as well.
Overall the bathroom was OK, clean, and equipped with all the amenities one would expect to find in a modern hotel, even though the door of the shower’s cabin would certainly need a slight adjustment. Some more room to put all our things would be pretty much appreciated as well.
The beds were really comfortable and we more than enjoyed our sleep there, but I wouldn’t leave the window open during the night again, since we were under attack by some mosquitoes, which was a bit disturbing. But all in all, one would not hear anything else apart from those flying monsters’ buzz, so it was a really quiet night for us.
We didn’t chose to take our breakfast there, but we tried some of the pastry shops nearby, which offered a great variety of coffee, juices, snacks, sweets, and sandwiches, that could give you energy for a big day out, at a fair price.
My general opinion about this hotel is that it is ideally located for a short stay in Milan, with a very nice lobby, and mostly friendly and helpful staff, but I would certainly try to remodel and redesign the rooms and the corridors to make them a little bit lighter and more welcoming.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Mosquitos don't let me sleep for the hole night!!!

And they take all the payment before you arrive (i booked through booking.com), so if you want to change the hotel you can do it but no one is going to return your money (

Wouldn't reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Sydasha

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

Stayed here one night as we were stopping through Milan on our way to the Amalfi Coast. This hotel is located very close to Milan's Central Stazione (with shuttles to all major Milan airports) so close in fact that the queue of cab drivers at the station refused to drive us.

It's very close yet it feels like the street is quite safe considering there are some less attractive, more grimy streets around the station.

The check in was easy with the staff speaking basic English. The room was modernly decorated and had a comfortable bed, working television and a nicely kitted out bathroom with bidet and amble hot water in the shower.

The hotel stored our bags and provided good directions to the nearby metro station.

Very reasonable and good value for the this otherwise characterless neighbourhood of Milan. Excellent choice for stopovers.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends