Hotel Aosta - Gruppo MiniHotel
US$ 87
US$ 181
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscentral stationmini frigclosest hotelmilano centraletop floorbreakfast roomovernight staymetro passperfect locationcinque terrerooms are quietmain sightsshort staygood sizelake comonoisy at nightfree wifi
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Some steps from the Milan Centrale station and no more than 15 min waking to the Duomo square. The rooms aren´t the biggest that have you seen, but it´s OK for a short stay in the city. The staff was very friendly. Absolutely recomended.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Kalcenter
Reviewed 9 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Aosta for one night on our way back from Venice by train. We wanted a hotel literally "next to" the Centrale train station, as we had to catch a long haul flight out of Malpensa the next day. We had already done our sightseeing in Milan, so we just needed a place to sleep and to relax a bit, and Hotel Aosta fitted the bill. The room is good size, the bathroom is clean, the furniture is a bit outdated, but the place is well-maintained. The TV is still a 14-inch CRT, but it's got one English language channel - CNN - so we were ok. Breakfast is included but is very simple - cereals, rolls, juice, coffee/tea - manage your expectations. Front desk is friendly and helpful - professional. Excellent location - just about 50m from the entrance to the train station - can't get better than that! Metro entrance is only 30 feet down the street; four stops from Duomo, so good for sightseeing, still. We stayed at Ibis Milano Centro at the beginning of our trip. Ibis is newer and more modern looking, but it's a much longer walk from Centrale when compared with Aosta. If you want to avoid the walk, Aosta trumps Ibis. We like both.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OllieOlnie
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The hotel is right across the Central train station so it is very convenient if you arrive by train.

The room is quite clean and big compare to other European hotels. It is best if you choose the room which facing the central station, the view is magnificent.

But you have to pay 9 Euro for a 24-hour Internet where every hotel in Europe usually provide it for free. It's just unacceptable !

The TV is the smallest I encountered during my 18 days in Europe. Yes it is indeed MINI.

Room Tip: Get the one facing Milan Central Station ... magnificent view !
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Second visit to this hotel for my annual pilgrimage to Milan.

I requested my company booked this again for me as it was a very good stay last year and getting in to the centre of Milan is a 20 minute walk. It is also right next to the central railway station.

I would advise not going for the internet access; my colleague got very slow speeds and at times the line dropped altogether.

Breakfast is a continental buffet with a great view across the square,

There are many local cafes which will do decent pizzas for 8 Euros - so decent value.

I would use this hotel if coming back to Milan on a personal visit... that is IF you really LIKE Milan!

P.S. If you have the film "The International" you'll see the assasination scene was filmed right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

1. The location is ideal. The metro is at your doorstep.
2. The view in the street is a plus as you see the beautiful building of Central train station and the Pireli tower.
3. Our room was perfect. Spacious, clean, comfortable beds, good bathroom and I'd say modern decoration.
4. Value for money 101%. The rate was excellent for that quality of hotel.

Highly recommended.