“Worst hotel I ever stayed at”

IH Hotels Milano Puccini
Ranked #223 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Where to start- €90 for a single room arranged part of a business conference package- room looked like a hostel, nothing has been updated for the last 20 years if not 30. The walls are paper thin so felt like the late slightly drunk revellers coming back at 3am where chatting next to my bed. The worst was the metro starting about 5am which made the room shake (basically like a mini earthquake every couple of minute). Basically no sleep, paid €90 and absolutely no apologies or sympathy from the reception staff. Appalling- don't stay there!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Alex P

Reviewed 18 May 2012

the hotel is very Well located. the rooms aré big enough, but what i can not accept is that they lie and try to chat me. they called me the day i wad supposed to arrive and they told me that fue to some issue they were relocating us to another hotel in the same area, same quality. when we got there, the place was in the middle of nowhere and was not a 4 star hotel but a place for students. they tried to send me to another place, and I didn't accept it. after a long discussion, all of a sudden, they managed to give me a room in the hotel. unbelievable. to note I had booked and paid the room 4 months in advance. the guy in the reception Ulise was rude and unpolite, and from what I heard the two days I stayed there, the same happened to hotel people!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ibv1978
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The double room we got was for 1 person.
The bed was moved to the wall, just to make an impression that the room is bigger.
It was a cold night, but do not ask me why the hotel switched off the heating.
The breakfast was poor, for sure not corresponding to 4*.
Although the positioning of the hotel is good, my advice DO NOT GO THERE

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Lumy O
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Nice hotel. Not to modern, but definitely not old. My room was very clean, but noisy which is not bad when being in Milano. Of course if you choose for the busy city centre, you don't mind the crowd. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Karel H
Reviewed 7 December 2011

It took me time to put my review. i just got used on it and how helpful it is.
About the Hotel:
the guys at the reception always act like dumbs, as if they don't know anything, we booked there since we were in a very high season time due to a Fair held in Milan.
the price is very high comparing to the services and amenities.
even we could bargain them when we extend our stay as if you are buying vegetables.
thank God we didn't stay much in the hotel, Milan is a great city to stay and we always had that little worry when going back to the hotel due to its status;
Last day of my stay, we've ordered a taxi and i forgot my camera inside it, when i get back home they neglect everything even they act as if they don't know who we are;
The Location of the hotel is the only good thing, where you can get the subway in less then a minute.
I admired the city but not the Hotel

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends