“Surly staff but ok hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Hotel

Club Hotel
Ranked #252 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Scotland
“Surly staff but ok hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

This hotel is cheap and not so cheeful but for one night stay it was fine.

Like other reviewers have said the staff aren't exactly happy to see you, quite surly chaps to be honest.

You have to hand in your keys whenever you want to leave the hotel which I thought was very odd. The room was small but clean and had air conditioning which was a big bonus. Our room was towards the back of the hotel which was good because it was quiet.

Breakfast is very basic and completely self-service. No one even shows you to your table, but at 85 euros (through booking.com) what more can you really expect?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AyrshireTatties
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

they treat you like a thief , and they look at you like you are a homeless people stay in social house . there is a lady who in charge in the restaurant. horrible attitude. no wonder union European getting financial crisis. the only good thing is the man staff in the morning, they are very polite and friendly. strongly recommended runaway from this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vicky1688

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Lausanne, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

First I didn't book the Club Hotel actually. I've booked at Hotel Demo' around the corner, but when I arrived there I've been moved without any explanation or apologize to this Hotel. The location near the main station was still the same (maybe 50m more to walk) so it was ok for me.

My first impression when entering Club Hotel was not very good due to the unexplained change, the unknown location and the unfriendly receptionist that didn't help me to feel comfortable in this place. I enter to my room and there was a very strong and unbearable smoke smell. I immediately ask to change my room, again without apologize I get a new room while the receptionist was telling me that the hotel is suppose to be non-smoking any way...

The new room didn't has the smoky smell but there was still a strange smell like chlorine in the bathroom but not so bad. The room was small but enough for a solo traveler sleeping one night before traveling. It was decorated with a huge "Renaissance style" painting with a 2m high face looking at me while sleeping... feels funny and strange but not very important for the comfort. The room has high roof (but not the bathroom), that is a plus for many people even if I don't care a lot about that.
The bathroom was nice and clean provided with shower gel and individual soap and equiped with hair dryer and a radiator for drying towels or cloths.
The room was equipped with a closet, a safe, a small desk and a nice Sony flat screen TV including a full access to Sky Italia Satellite television (almost all channels are in Italian but some are in English and many music channels).

Here are coming the bad points:
The bed is very small even for a single room, something like 80x190cm I guess, hard and could have been more comfortable.
The secound bad point was maybe a bad luck but there were a lot a noise from other resident. First the people to the next room were talking very loudly until about 10.30pm. Then I when to sleep and I was woken up just before midnight by people arguing in the hallway with the hotel receptionist, I guess because there were not happy about the room or something. The went up and down the scales leaving the trolley falling on every single step, that was a nightmare for a few minutes. Then everything was calm again.
The third bad point was the temperature of the room. The thermometer indicate 23°C and outside it was less than 19°C in the middle of the day, so I don't know was it was so hot in the room. I had to open the windows for a while before sleeping.

Finally in the morning I had a quick breakfast before catching my train. There were the basic stuff like bread, "brioche", cereals, coffee, tea, juice and some fruits, but the product were average quality.

An hotel just above average, with good location and a fair price (for Milan) but it's too badthat it would have been much better with only a little more effort from the crew and a better bed.

Room Tip: Just ask to be as far as possible from scale and lift to have less chance to experience noise during...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Cypress
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

We chose this hotel because it was close to the Milan Central Station. The property is well kept, our room and bathroom were clean and contemporary decorated. We were very happy until we needed help from the staff, we found them to be very cold and perhaps bothered to answered our questions for our first day in Milan. The next morning, as I'm serving coffee from a machine, a lady yelled at me "NOOO signorinaaa!!" I was holding the button until my cup was 3/4 full (like my local coffee machines). But instead, I was supposed to press the button once and get my full cup of coffee! SO she yelled at me and treat me like an idiot when I was just ignorant!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple