“Too Hot!”

Ranked #38 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Too Hot!”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The hotel Una Cusani is very well placed and close to many of the tourist attractions in Milan such as the Duomo and Parco Sempione. Several bars and restaurants close by which were all lovely. The hotel itself is welcoming and the staff are polite and speak excellent English. The breakfast was OK although it was sometimes a bit of struggle to get some more hot water for making tea! The classic rooms are a reasonable size but the biggest issue is that as it was November when we stayed, the air conditioning had been turned off and the room was very hot and stuffy. This resulted in having to keep the bedroom window wide open which meant that we were kept awake by the occupants of the apartments that we backed onto who were shouting and talking loudly well into the early hours of the morning. Also as the window was open, our room was inundated with mosquitos which I was quite surprised to see bearing in mind the rain was heavy and the temperature only 14 degrees. Several bites later, we decided to shut the window and suffer the heat and stuffiness rather than being eaten alive by mosquitoes. The bed was a little too hard for our liking and the pillows were like pieces of wafer - not very comfortable. I wouldn't describe this as a 4 star hotel, more like a 3 star but you can't beat the location, maybe we just stayed at the wrong time of year. Unfortunately we wouldn't go back as after 3 nights of poor sleep due to discomfort of bed, pillows, heat and mosquitoes, came back absolutely shattered. However, staff at hotel and location were great. Sometimes you don't get the full package!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MandaPanda2011
unacusani, Direttore at UNA Hotel Cusani, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
We're pleased to thank our kind Guest for the wonderful compliments to our staff, breakfast service and our rooms.
We apologize for your unease due to the room temperature. Nowadays our heating appliances, like those of many hotels, compel us to choose between heating or refrigerated system. Refering to the temperaure in Milan on those days, correctly signaled by our Guest, we opted for the warming system, considering it could be off directly in the room. Anyway, as we received another signal about it, we've been providing for the modify plants in order to give our Guests the possibility of choosing between hot and cold air contemporaneously.
Lastly we do remind our rooms provide for a menu which allows our Guests to choose the favourite pillow among different typologies.”
Maurizio Montante
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
North Bergen, NJ
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The hotel staff was very nice and helpful as well as extremely polite. Food was excellent. The room was very comfortable. I absolutely loved the towel warmers that were on 24/7.

• Stayed October 2011
Una_Hotels_Direttore, Direttore at UNA Hotel Cusani, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your experience about your stay. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel! We hope your travels will bring you again to Milan and we will be glad to welcoming you again in the UNA Hotels world, be well until then
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I stayed at UNA in Milan at the end of my 7-day business trip in Europe. Having visited Milan many times, I believe UNA Cusari has many great advantages that should outweigh some weakness. Pros include 1) great location in the middle of main street Via Dante which connects two mahjor landmarks of Milan, Duomo and the Castle. Just walk 2 minutes to the castle and less than 10 mins to Duomo. Also it is close to business area where I take only a few minutes to go to see clients. It is also convenient to find good restaurant around the walking area. 2) very clean, spacious,and neat room. 3) good service. Staff at the desk had a good service mind that proved impressive to quickly service and respond to any questions and requests. I had asked for good restaurants around the area on the first night and they were offering very fast service to book the place and wrote down the map for us. LAter I requested for the direction to another restaurant and the staff responded very quickly to my impression. However I find that the hotel room and environment looks more like business without true character to reflect old Italian style. But if you like modern boutique hotel, I think this is worth for you to stay particularly for business purpose.

Room Tip: Very convenient to walk to major attractions
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest thank you for sharing your experience about your stay. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel Thanks for your notes you have given us the opportunity to continue to improve our services. We hope your travels will bring you again to Milan and we will be glad to welcoming you again
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I have to be honest and confess that I haven't pay my stay at this hotel, it's complementary since I'm a guest of a tournament in town. So I have to pay only extras.

The hotel is in a very good position, 10 mins walking from the main square, Piazza Duomo.

The atmosphere is very corporate, not great, but not bad.

My room is quite clean but small

In the end everything looks ok, till you try to connect to INTERNET here it comes the scam. Clear that this is a business hotel and paying 300 euro/night you may expect free connection

I asked the desk if they have WIFI and they just advise me that there is only the hotel WIFI, and you can log in charging the room.

I look at the contract/fee and it's 25 euro per day!!!

extremely expensive but beside that, there is a WIMI (wifi milano) which is for free.

I hate these kind of tricks from hotels, this is why I'm going to leave a TERRIBLE review.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank TRIPPINGTASTE
Dear Guest we're sorry to read your stay didn't meet your expectations We always work with passion drawing inspiration from our guest review to better our service, we hope your travels will bring you again to Milan we will be glad to welcoming again
Dokka, Norway
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I was visiting UNA Hotel Cusani for one night in September 2011 (04-05.09.2011) together with my girlfriend.

Let me start with the good part first: Their service was exellent, the location could probably not been better - basically 8 minutes walk to the cathedral, and metro station around the corner, and a very clean (spotless!) and quite spacey bathroom.

Then the not so good part; I booked a superiour room though Hotels.com, and thought the deal I got was ok enough - 295 Dollars (tax and breakfast included). The PICTURE of the Superior room at Hotels.com and at Unahotels.it was TOTALLY different from the room we got. I understand and think it is ok that the photos might differ a bit, but this was basically two different worlds. The photo at the web pages show us a quite spacey room with light interiour. The room we actually got, was dark interiour and far more smaller than expected. It was no possibilities to keep the curtains open to make the room lighter, since the street was right outside the window. When I checked out I asked the receptionist to confirm that I actually had a Superior room, and this she confirmed. In other words: If you need a good photographer, then you should ask the PR personell from Una Cusani....:)

This was our last hotel out of three different 4 star hotels in Italy (Venice, Desenzano del Garda, and Milano), so I feel we got enough to compare with...

Room Tip: If booking a Superior room, then ask for one with light interiour!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple